• Report: #207813

Complaint Review: Ace Furnace - Duct And Chimney Sweeping - Ace Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning

• Submitted: Fri, August 25, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, March 05, 2007

• Reported By:Brooklyn Park Minnesota
Ace Furnace - Duct And Chimney Sweeping - Ace Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning
7845 Brooklyn Blvd., Suite 102 Brooklyn Park, Minnesota U.S.A.

Ace Furnace - Duct And Chimney Sweeping bad repair job, promises guaranteed work and 10 year warranty but doesn't follow through ripoff Brooklyn Park Minnesota

*Author of original report: Ace Furnace and Duct Cleaning called for more business!

On October 9th, 2003, Justin, an employee of Ace Furnace, Duct and Chimney Sweeping, Inc, came to repair the crown on our chimney. When I got home, my hoses were all over the yard and my shed was wide open. I gave him the check for $400.00 for the repair. I wasn't able to check his work because I didn't own a ladder at that time.

When two weeks ago, I began painting the trim on my house when I noticed the crown was cracked in many places and parts were crumbling. I told my husband and he said that it looked like a sealer was never put on. (We were charged $100 for the sealer). Also the crown looked like it was never repaired, although cement splatters were everywhere on that side of the roof.

I was deeply disappointed with the work done to the crown. The receipt said the guy was going to clean up, but it looks like he never did.

I began repairing the crown myself. I did take some photos of the cracking. Not even three years have passed and the crown is falling apart. So I called the Ace Furnace, Duct and Chimney Sweeping, Inc and asked how long the crown is supposed to last and if their work is guaranteed. The owner said the crown should last 10 years and that yes, the work is guaranteed. He said he would call me back but he hasn't. I even called and left a message a week later; still nothing. I'm very disappointed with the work done and this company.

I have called again, but I only get his answering machine. I then searched his business under the Better Business Bureau and found that he has two other complaints against him, and that he also changed his business name a bit and changed addresses too. His other name and address is:

Ace Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning
8940 Vinewood Ln N
Osseo, MN 55369-9125

Tom Krouse is the owner of both businesses and the phone number is the same.

My desired resolution is to get my money back, because the their bad crown repair has to be repaired. I no longer trust them to work on my home because the guy said he would fix it and never did and he ignores my calls. He promised the crown repair would last 10 years. It's falling apart at nearly three years. Very sad.

Rhonda
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2006 05:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Furnace-Duct-And-Chimney-Sweeping-Ace-Furnace-Duct-Chimney-Cleaning/Brooklyn-Park-Minnesota-55443/Ace-Furnace-Duct-And-Chimney-Sweeping-bad-repair-job-promises-guaranteed-work-and-10-ye-207813. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Furnace - Duct And Chimney Sweeping - Ace Furnace Duct & Chimney Cleaning

Ace Furnace and Duct Cleaning called for more business!

AUTHOR: Kat - (U.S.A.)

I couldn't believe the phone call I just received! Mike of Ace Furnace and Duct Cleaning (one of their many business names, with different variations) called today and asked if they could schedule a cleaning as the last time they were out here was several years ago. I thought they were joking! I told him no, that I've contacted the BBB about them, and even had Mike Hatch of the Attorney General contact them. But Mike of Ace Furnace and Duct Cleaning claims to know nothing about my complaints.

I find this funny especially since he was one of the guys with whom I complained to when I first noticed the horrible job they did. After I hung up, I did *69 and got their phone number 763-657-0313. With that phone number I did an internet search for their mailing address (they have 3 so far, and none of them are legally registered for their business -- the addresses are expired, vacant, etc). The phone number is an unpublished phone number, coming from a landline in Osseo, MN. What good business keeps their phone number information (address, name of business) private?

adding