Complaint Review: Ace Hardware Overland Boise

• Updated: Mon, May 21, 2012

• Reported By: Dave — Boise Idaho United States of America
Ace Hardware Overland Boise
6969 W. Overland Road Boise, Idaho United States of America

Ace Hardware Overland Boise Inappropriate relationship to D&J Small Engines Boise, Idaho

First I must say that unlike D&J Small Engines, Overland Ace Hardware according to the internet and the BBB (not a trustworthy source) has a fairly spotless record.  My complaint is that they recommended me to D&J Small Engines (a ripoffreport).  Normally if I go to other stores, especially national brand stores, they are very concerned about their contractors and check out complaints as to the truth of the complaint and resolve the problem quickly.

Overland Ace Hardware reacted like I called their mother a street walker. (denials, kill the messenger, invalidating, and in general a lot of hostile angry behavior).  This unfortunately got worse as I presented the evidence.  I didn't understand at the time that I was exposing family or friend. All I understood at the time was the attack without good cause.  It was later that I figured out that people don't act this way unless you say something that they don't like about someone close to them.

In this case it must have been someone real close.  I am sorry that I inadvertently exposed someone very close to Ace Hardware.  I did not know about the relationship.  That being said, Overland Ace Hardware needs to separate their business from family and friends (according to business 101).  I first talked to a son that acted like he owned the store.  He was too young and immature to act as an owner.  He should not have been allowed to speak in place of the owner.  D&J Small Engines reacted the same way (attacking) but, as soon as they seen the the evidence they stopped the denial and went to damage control.

Overland Ace Hardware refused to listen to the evidence (continued the denial) and assured me that they will continue to recommend D&J Small Engines thus continuing the damage to themselves and their customers.  I have two goals in reporting this.  One is to warn the public of this inappropriate relationship.  The second goal is maybe to help Overland Ace Hardware to get past their denial about how they are hurting themselves and start the process of separating business from their close relationships.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/21/2012 08:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Hardware-Overland-Boise/Boise-Idaho-83709/Ace-Hardware-Overland-Boise-Inappropriate-relationship-to-DJ-Small-Engines-Boise-Idaho-885668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Hardware Overland Boise