• Report: #220807

• Submitted: Wed, November 15, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, September 24, 2012

• Reported By:Wichita Kansas
Ace Hardware Rebate Program
Box 540013 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

Ace Hardware Rebate Program makes up reasons not to pay. El Paso Texas

*Consumer Comment: Creating customer loyalty by cheating ???

I followed the rebate rules very closely. Cut out the upc codes, verified what was purchased against the rebate form,filled out the form and sent in the original receipt. I received an email from them stating that I bought the wrong items, didn't total the rebates, never sent in the upc codes. I spend about $1000-1200.00 dollars a month at the local Ace Stores. I emailed them back and told them this and said watch and see how much I spend there in the future and they didn't care. Alot to lose over a lousy $13.00. Since then I haven't bought a thing.

D.
Wichita, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/15/2006 05:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Hardware-Rebate-Program/El-Paso-Texas/Ace-Hardware-Rebate-Program-makes-up-reasons-not-to-pay-El-Paso-Texas-220807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Hardware Rebate Program

Creating customer loyalty by cheating ???

AUTHOR: Steve - (USA)

It  seems  to  be  one  of  their  business  strategies:  making  promises  and  then  denying  to  fulfill  them  for  some  bogus  reasons:

When  I  applied  for  the  ACE  hardware /  US  Bank  credit  card  "in store"  in  order  to  get  a  $ 100,-   statement  credit  as  promised   in their  advertisement  the  cashier  did  not  explain  to me  that  I  had  to  leave  the  form  with  all  my  confidential  information (incl.  SSN)   with  her.  Later  when  I  did't  get  the  credit  I  was  told  "a  store  employee  had  to  submit  the  information  electronically,   that's  why  you  didn't  qualify  for  the  statement  credit"

To  me  it  does  not  make  any  difference  if  the  customer  submits  the  information  for  the  credit  application  himself  or  if  a  store  employee  does  it.   The  credit  decision  was  made  by  US  Bank,  not  by   Ace  Hardware  -  the  only  difference  was  that  i  didn't  provide  the  store  with  my  personal  and  confidential  information.   I  don't  think  that  this  kind  of  doing  business  creates  loyalty  probably  I  won't  do  any  business   with  Ace  Hardware  anymore.