Complaint Review: Ace Hardware Superstore

• Updated: Tue, August 28, 2012

• Reported By: FoCoMom — Fort Collins Colorado United States of America
Ace Hardware Superstore

Ace Hardware Superstore Ripoff Hidden Shipping Charges, Internet

Like John, another reporter on Ripoff Report, I experienced the exact same con from the Ace Hardware Superstore online.  I ordered over $700 of backsplash material for my kitchen, and never received the items, despite my credit card being charged the full amount within 24 hours of the order.

After multiple attempts to contact them, I received an email (probably identical to the one cited in other posts to this site) with a false apology for the inconvenience, that this is a "special order item" and requires an additional $89.99 of shipping.

The customer service representative hung up on me and then when I called back, left me on hold for a long period then hung up on me again.  I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau who gives this company an F rating.

Please watch out for this company, their low prices are a lure for the hidden "special order" shipping fees.  ACE should strip them of their franchise because they are a disgrace to the brand.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2012 11:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Hardware-Superstore/internet/Ace-Hardware-Superstore-Ripoff-Hidden-Shipping-Charges-Internet-933750. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Hardware Superstore