Complaint Review: Ace Hardware

• Submitted: Fri, April 23, 2010
  • Updated: Sat, February 05, 2011

• Reported By: Steve — Orange California United States of America
Ace Hardware
5765 E Santa Ana Canyon Rd, Anaheim, CA Anaheim, California United States of America

Ace Hardware Online Rebate denied Anaheim, California

*Consumer Suggestion: My Rebate Invalid Also

*Consumer Comment: DITTO: NEVER, EVER, RECEIVED AN ACE HARDWARE REBATE

*Consumer Comment: Ace rebates

I submitted a rebate online for Jobes Plant Fertilizer Stakes.
I had the receipt transaction code and all information concerning the transaction was on it. The transaction was recognized and I received a Tracking Number-
 After submittal, I received a "could not honor" post card many weeks later. Reason given - "Ace SKU not found". This is clearly evident on the receipt - and therefore should be associated with the transaction code and tracking number received.
Tried to call Ace and was caught in there automated telephone answering world to no avail.
Wondering if this happens to others?
Great way for ACE to reject legitimate rebates.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2010 03:36 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Hardware/Anaheim-California-92807/Ace-Hardware-Online-Rebate-denied-Anaheim-California-595956. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Hardware

#1 Consumer Suggestion

My Rebate Invalid Also

AUTHOR: Geyser34 - (United States of America)

Also received a postcard from ACE stating my rebate was "Invalid SKU". I had "joined" ACE recently and was able to file my rebates electronically so it would be easy. I called the number on the card and after abut 15 minutes spoke to "Neil" (they never give you their last name). He said they had a computer problem and all rebates were denied. Obviously this is a lie. He said he would change my rebate to "valid". I think ACE (and many other companies) denies all rebates hoping people will not follow up. If your rebate is denied, call the number on the card and be persistent. I was going to return my merchandise to ACE if they denied my rebate.

DITTO: NEVER, EVER, RECEIVED AN ACE HARDWARE REBATE

AUTHOR: Mike49677 - (U.S.A.)

I never realized, until I read your complaint, that I TOO HAVE NEVER RECEIVED A SINGLE REBATE FROM ACE HARDWARE.

I let my kids fill in the forms; than I check them meticulously, to ensure they filled out every single thing correctly etc.; and than I mail them out.

They love doing this, as I let them keep the money or buy things at Menards, etc. when the rebates come back.

Menards is awesome and we rarely have any trouble with them, but now that you mention it, I have NEVER ONCE TAKEN THE KIDS TO ACE WITH A REBATE VOUCHER--NOT ONCE.

I ask the kids about it, and believe me, they remember everything when it comes to rebates.

My daughter actually pulled out a notebook and showed me that she keeps track of everything.

NOT ONE SINGLE REBATE FROM ACE--EVER!!!

I  really ticked off.  My kids aren't that disappointed, but I am.

I WILL NEVER SHOP AT ACE AGAIN--and I am going to make sure my kids realize what Ace has been doing, so that they, and their kids, NEVER SHOP AT ACE.

Thank you for your post, as it opened my eyes, and the eyes of my children.

Ace rebates

AUTHOR: Susan - (USA)

I have never once received a rebate from Ace. There is always some excuse that I did something wrong.

Hubby thought I wasn't doing rebates wrong so this time, a $20.00 rebate. I made him do it. He stapled the UPC code and receipt to the rebate form and said thats is how you do it.

Once again, Ace sent a letter that said they need the original UPC and receipt.  Cant send them again because they were already sent.

Hubby was furious and learned what I have tried to tell him for 20 years. A sale isn't a sale if a mail in rebate is involved. LOL