• Report: #320918

• Submitted: Tue, March 25, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, March 25, 2008

• Reported By:Lubec Maine
Ace Rebate Processing
P. . Box 540013 El Paso, Texas U.S.A.

Ace Rebate Processing, Ace Hardware e-rebate "exclusive for ACE rewards members" invent reasons to reject reward offer El Paso Texas

Since I am an ACE rewards card member (I don't know what that means) I submitted a rebate claim online to E-Rebates 'exclusive for card members' (whatever that means). I received an e-mail verifying that my claim was received. Three weeks later I received a card by mail with this information: "Unfortunately we could not honor your request due to the following reason(s): "there are no valid rewards or there is a $0 check reward; exceeds limit".

I wrote a letter to the address provided on this card: Ace Rebate Processing Center, Resubmissions Dept. 07-79703, P.O. Box 028516, Miami, FL 33102-8516. The 800 number is the same; I did not get to speak with a live person. I explained in writing the events and suggested that the "reward" to have their card was to get punished when it is used. I resubmitted for the rebate offer and provided a copy of the sales receipt, a copy of the mail-in form, the MFR number and the ACE SKU number as requested. They also wanted the card back that they sent me.

Four weeks later I receive a second card. This time they claimed not to have the SKU and requested the original sale receipt. I made photocopies and sent the original sale receipt and circled the SKU number with a bright colored pen and included their card again. Three weeks later I received a third card, identical to the second. I took all my photocopies to an ACE Hardware store and asked if and what I am doing wrong. They checked the SKU number and found no reason for rejection. I requested that the store manager call the processing center to resolve this dispute. She did and assured me that the problem has been resolved, but I don't believe it until I see it. I asked if the store has had other complaints about rejected rebates and with a slight hesitation she said no. This hesitation prompted me to share my experience on Ripoff Report.

Lubec, Maine

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/25/2008 11:47 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ace-Rebate-Processing/El-Paso-Texas-88554-0013/Ace-Rebate-Processing-Ace-Hardware-e-rebate-exclusive-for-ACE-rewards-members-invent-r-320918. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ace Rebate Processing