Complaint Review: Acer - Acer America

Acer - Acer America

Acer - Acer America Worst Customer Service - Internet

*Author of original report: Acer America Worst Customer Service

ACER Home Server H.340

Called Acer customer service - first disconnected me after being on hold for about 15 minutes (I guess that is what they do at the end of their day - because when I called back - I was told to call the next day). I contacted online support - after responding to their questions I was told they could not help and told me to call in over the phone. When I called - I was eventually told to call again during business hours because this product in only supported by their second line support. So called again - only to be told that plastic parts are not covered under their warrantee and that I must have broken it. (Sure - as the part was not correctly molded!!.)

It is interesting that every time you call - they ask if you want to purchase and extended warrantee - I guess that is an indication of the quality of their products, sad that they don't honor the initial warrantee for construction of defective parts.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/23/2009 02:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-Acer-America/internet/Acer-Acer-America-Worst-Customer-Service-Internet-527648. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer - Acer America

Acer America Worst Customer Service

AUTHOR: pk - (United States of America)

ACER Home Server H.340 I spend a day configuring the server and making sure the software was working correctly - that was pretty straight forward. However, that was the start of the problems, I was about to add a second Hard Disk. When I opened the drawer to add a Hard Disk - the drawer fell apart. Looking at the construction - the hinge on the drawer was not completely formed in the plastic and therefore did not hold.

Called Acer customer service - first disconnected me after being on hold for about 15 minutes (I guess that is what they do at the end of their day - when I called back, I was told to call the next day). I contacted online support - after responding to their questions I was told they could not help and told me to call in over the phone. When I called on Sunday - I was eventually told to call again during business hours because this product in only supported by their second line support. So called again on Monday- only to be told that plastic parts are not covered under their warrantee and that I must have broken it. (Sure - the part was not correctly molded - my fault???) I was told that I could buy a replacement for $20 plus shipping. I was told the only other option - return the product!!!!!.

It is interesting that every time you call - they ask if you want to purchase an extended warrantee - I guess that is an indication of the quality of their products, sad that they don't even honor the initial warrantee for construction of defective parts. It is no wonder that they have an F rating with the Better Business Bureau.