Complaint Review: Acer America Corporation

• Submitted: Sun, December 09, 2007
  • Updated: Sun, December 09, 2007

• Reported By:Mart Texas
Acer America Corporation
333 West San Carlos Street San Jose, California U.S.A.

Acer America Corporation Age Discrimination Temple Texas

An application for employment was submitted on or about 11/13/2007. The next day the person that does the scheduling called and asked when I would have the time for a phone interview. This phone interview took place on or about 11/15/2007 He then proceeded to tell me he wanted to set up a day so I could come in for testing. The same person that does the scheduling called me back immediately and set a time for such testing which was held on 11/20/2007. The person giving the testing was professional and when I was finished he walked me to the door asking me if I had any questions. I asked how I did on the test. He then proceeded to tell me I did very well on the test and that they would be contacting me within the next two days. On my way home, I get a call from the scheduler telling me that they liked my test scores and wanted me back for a face to face interview. We then scheduled that interview for 11/27/2007.

On the evening of 11/26/2007, a person named Rita called and told me that I failed the test and they were canceling my face to face interview for the next day. I felt I did fairly well on the test as I have plenty of experience with this type of job. My complaint isnt whether I passed or not, its the principle of the matter. How can I pass one week and then they decide a week later that I failed. This type of business practice does not make this company look very well to the working public nor to the customers that use these products. I have also been in contact with EEOC as I am 57 yrs old.

Aprilpain
Mart, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/09/2007 10:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-America-Corporation/San-Jose-California-95110/Acer-America-Corporation-Age-Discrimination-Temple-Texas-290104. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer America Corporation