Complaint Review: Acer America - Walmart Extended Warranty

• Submitted: Fri, January 11, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2008

• Reported By:Eightmile Alabama
Acer America - Walmart Extended Warranty
aceramerica.com Temple, Texas U.S.A.

Acer America - Walmart Extended Warranty laptop is junk, walmart will honor warranty because of damage done by acer while product was in repair Temple Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: I've always had good luck with Acer

I recieved an acer aspire laptop with a 2 year extended warranty from walmart as a christmas gift from my husband in 2006. I sent it to acer several times for repair while it was still covered under the original warranty. It has had problems ranging from the harddrive, which had to be replaced twice, to the screen, the mother board, also replaced twice, dvd burner and numerous others. Thats not to mention the battery and ac adapter that was replaced also.

The last time I sent the laptop in for repair in october of 07 it was sent back to me in working condition but the cover was missing off the dvd burner and the front left corner of the case was crushed in as if it were pried apart with a screwdriver.

It lasted all of 2 weeks before it had another meltdown. I called customer service and emailed tech support and guess what? NO response from them as of yet. Well, my 2 year extended warranty kicked in from walmart in december so I called and set up repair. They had me send the laptop to cybertest in florida. My laptop was sent back to me unrepaired.

I called walmart to find out why. I was told that the computers motherboard was bad and it had occured from accidental damage and the extended warranty didn't cover that. My computer would power on and run for about 20 min. Now that I have it back from cyber test it won't do anything. Walmart will not refund my money for the extended warranty that they have voided and acer will not acknowledge that they damaged my computer,the crushed corner and missing cover that walmart accused me of doing.

So, I will never purchase another acer product. And I will never purchase any electronics from walmart either. The 720.00 dollars spent on this laptop would have been beter spent if it had been flushed down the toilet. Acer's products and customer service are a joke and I can't say anything better about walmart.

Tosha
Eightmile, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2008 11:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-America-Walmart-Extended-Warranty/Temple-Texas/Acer-America-Walmart-Extended-Warranty-laptop-is-junk-walmart-will-honor-warranty-becau-299354. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer America - Walmart Extended Warranty

#1 Consumer Suggestion

I've always had good luck with Acer

AUTHOR: Brent - (U.S.A.)

Personally, I like Acer and will choose their product over most others. Dunno that I would ever buy a computer at Walmart, though...

It looks like you got a lemon. If you really had all of that stuff replaced, you should pursue this matter further.

Check your local 'lemon' laws and see if your laptop fits the criteria.

Write Acer and Walmart corporate explaining your situation. Include copies of all the work performed on that laptop. Ask them to give you a new laptop.

Sue in small claims court. Do you have credible witnesses that will testify the laptop was damaged only after you got it back from Acer? Did you report the damage to the shipper?