Complaint Review: Acer America

• Submitted: Sat, December 12, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, December 12, 2009

• Reported By: Renee — Laurelton New York U.S.A.
Acer America
333 West San Carlos Street San Jose, California United States of America

Acer America cracked screen defect San Jose, California

My daughter's Acer netbook screen developed a crack without a reason. We contacted Acer and was told to send in the netbook for repair. They did not provide postage, I had to pay to send it in using either fedex or UPS. After sending it in I received a call from Acer saying that the cracked screen was not covered and that repair would cost $139. I refused to pay that price for the repair and had them return the laptop to me. I  searched the internet and found that multiple consumers experienced the same problem and were quoted various prices for repair. I contacted the Better Business Bureau to find out that Acer received an F rating. I am awaiting a response, but it is unlikely that they will respond according to their report of non-compliance with the Better Business Bureau. After reviewing the complaints listed at http://netbookmag.com/2008/07/05/acer-aspire-one-hands-on/#comment-593 and the call for a class action lawsuit by many of the consumers, I realized that something must be done. I created a email account for other victims of Acer to contact me so that we can collectively pursue a resolution. I can be contacted at (((ROR redacted)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2009 12:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-America/San-Jose-California-95110/Acer-America-cracked-screen-defect-San-Jose-California-538151. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer America