Complaint Review: Acer America

• Submitted: Wed, October 17, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, October 17, 2012

• Reported By: Alyce — Newport News Virginia United States of America
Acer America

Acer America Aspire Notebook. purchased at HHGregg in Durham NC aCER MERICA REFUSED TO REPAIR MY ACER ASPIRE'S SCREEN. ACCUSED ME OF DROPPING IT Internet

I purchased an Acer Aspire notebook October of 2010 from HHGREGG in Durham NC.  4 months later, the screen cracked, through no fault of my own. When I contacted HHGregg, I was told I had to contact Acer, which I did. First I was told by Acer that it was under warrant, and could be repaired. They gave me mailing instructions and asked me to mail it to Acer America, somewhere in Texas I think. Days later I was emailed that it was under warranty..and then it was not
 under warranty and would cost $199 to fix. Acer referred me back to HHGregg, who informed me that there had been a warranty, but now it had expired while I was going in circles with Acer.

When I checked reviews for this product on the internet, I found several complaints regarding the same issue. A man from Acer actually called me to accuse me of lying and said those other consumers were all liars because nobody wanted to pay the fee to get it repaired. I refused to pay the charge, because I knew I had not dropped it. They returned my notebook to an address different from the one I had given them, and it took several days to track the delivery. I have copies of emails to support my complaint.  I paid $299 + tax at HHGregg because it was the best price. I do not want to ever buy anythig else from Acer. I also am warning consumers to pay the higher price if necessary for a different notebook, or be prepared to be called a liar. Since I got the notebook back, I still haven't dropped it, but the screen has continued to crack while sitting on a shelf! It has been over 2 years, but everytime I look at that notebook, my blood boils!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2012 10:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-America/internet/Acer-America-Aspire-Notebook-purchased-at-HHGregg-in-Durham-NC-aCER-MERICA-REFUSED-TO-REP-956486. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer America