Complaint Review: Acer Computer

• Reported By: noRipz4me — Ann Arbor Michigan United States of America
Acer Computer

Acer Computer Acer Aspire One - horrible product - HORRIBLE support , Internet

*Consumer Comment: The Acer computer

So, I bought an Acer Aspire One AOA150 in late July.  I was going on a trip and couldn't leave my office behind, so I figured this sleek little netbook would be great, and it was... for the duration of my trip.

A couple weeks after I got back it got a blue screen and I had to restore to factory default settings.  A month or so later it did it again and I restored it again.  Well, I just restored it to the factory default settings for the FOURTH time in less than six months.

So, I have backups of my important documents, etc, but it's a PITA to reinstall all my software every few weeks so I contacted Acer "support".  They told me that I should "please visit your local Revonate store for technical support" and that "we are unable to offer support as per Acer policy".

Now, I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure my netbook says "ACER aspire one" not "Revonate Aspire One".  I've gone through two "technicians" so far and all I've gotten back is "not our problem, call Revonate".

The product itself has cost me HOURS of work and lost revenue reinstalling it (which at my consulting rate is a pretty penny), and they won't even throw me a bone and say "yeah you need to replace the HD, there was a bad batch of AOA150s in July" or something helpful at all.  Ridiculous.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2009 07:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-Computer/internet/Acer-Computer-Acer-Aspire-One-horrible-product-HORRIBLE-support-Internet-538567. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer Computer

The Acer computer

AUTHOR: Acer Ripped me Off - (United States of America)

I concur.  Acer computers are junk.  I made the mistake of purchasing one in March of 2009.  The screen is no longer working and for all practical purposes is "fried".  I warned everyone on my email list and the list-serve I belong to.

I also work in a direct sales business and will warn everyone I meet.
Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC