Complaint Review: Acer Corporation Canada

• Reported By: Chris — Dorchester Ontario Canada
Acer Corporation Canada
5540 McAdam Road Mississauga, Ontario United States of America

Acer Corporation Canada Not honouring defective product Mississauga, Ontario

Purchased an Acer computer package for my father's birthday.  From the get go the computer did not work properly.  Did not start up properly.  Tried to return to place of purchase but since it was a warranty issue was advised to deal direclty with Acer.  Contacted Acer and was disconnected 3 times before I could effectively 'tell my story' (3 times in total) and obtain a shipping address and work order.  I was informed that shipping was on my dime even though the computer did not function appropriately right from the begining.

I wrote a letter to customer service informing them of my 2 hours spent on the phone speaking with 3 different technicians and my disappointment that I had to pay over $50 shipping for a product that has never worked right before.  Their response was to next time pay careful attention to the warranty of the product I was purchasing.  My response was if the computer had required repair a year or 2 down the road then absolutely I would pay for shipping but not right from the beginning when the computer didn't work.

I advised that I would never buy an Acer product again and would inform all friends/families and co-workers etc. of my story.

Recieved my father's computer in the mail 10 days later and they had to replace the whole hard drive on the tower!!!

Just all around poor customer service for a product that was never working from the beginning.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2009 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-Corporation-Canada/Mississauga-Ontario-l42-1p1/Acer-Corporation-Canada-Not-honouring-defective-product-Mississauga-Ontario-489231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer Corporation Canada