Complaint Review: Acer Of America

• Submitted: Wed, June 03, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, June 04, 2009

• Reported By:Cass Lake Minnesota
Acer Of America
333 W San Carlos St. Suite 1500 San Jose, California U.S.A.

Acer Of America Twice authorized free repair then took back its word San Jose California

*UPDATE Employee: More information

In march of 2009 I attempted to sell a new acer aspire computer to a customer in my retail store. He asked me to start it up for him but the computer wouldn't boot up.

I contacted the companies tec support but was told my new computer was out of warrenty. I explained to them that I was a reseller and that the computer was new and part of my inventory.

After much argueing and several calls I was told they would repair the computer free of charge. I should fax them basic information and wait for a pickup or a shipping address label. Nothing happened so I refaxed the info. No reply again. On april 16 I sent the fax again with the same result.

On may 15th I called again and after going thru basically the same bull I was given an authorization number for free repair of this computer. I dutifully faxed all the information to the company again. Same result.

On June 3rd 2009 I called the company and talked to the same person who had authorized the repair and even tho she acknowleged the authorization and the repair number and that the warrenty had been updated on May 19, 2009 she told me the computer was no longer under warrenty.

I called management and even though they were aware of this problem they would only repair this computer at full cost to me.

Donatello
Cass Lake, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2009 03:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-Of-America/San-Jose-California-95110/Acer-Of-America-Twice-authorized-free-repair-then-took-back-its-word-San-Jose-California-458256. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer Of America

More information

AUTHOR: Acerinsider - (U.S.A.)

Did they give you a reason as to why the warranty was no longer valid? You're complaint is lacking in more specific details.

When you say you talked to management, did you get a name or badge number?