Complaint Review: Acer USA

• Submitted: Fri, November 20, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, June 17, 2012

• Reported By: Barbara — Olmsted Falls Ohio United States of America
Acer USA
333 west San Carlos Street Ste 1500 San Jose, California United States of America

Acer USA - ACER Customer Non-Supportive Department San Jose, California

*UPDATE Employee: Replacement

*UPDATE Employee: Replacement

This report is to complain about ACER computer customer service. My computer is only about 2 years old. Of that 2 years I have owned it, it has been back to ACER for repair countless times. 7 times this year alone. Each time the repair is made to the same component. The mother board. I have called customer service many times and know the hard reset procedure by heart at this point.

My son called them out of total disgust and tried to see what they would do for me considering the quality and lack of being able to use the computer. He was on the phone for over 45 mins with a representitive to no avail. ACER will not give a replacement computer or a refund of any kind. The only option you have with them is to send it in for repair and wait again. This last time the computer came back it worked for a day and a half. Same problem. My son explained that we are not interested in sending the computer back yet again. We simply want a computer that I can use for more than a day or so at a time. Same answer, can't do anything but repair it again.

The rep. really got under my son's skin also. Continually trying to talk over him with the same company standard responces. A few times he had to raise his voice and ask the person to please let him finish a sentence so we could tell her what was wrong.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/20/2009 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-USA/San-Jose-California-95110/Acer-USA-ACER-Customer-Non-Supportive-Department-San-Jose-California-526468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer USA

Replacement

AUTHOR: Anthony - (United States of America)

Barb

My Name is Anthony Crowley Badge # GWSI476ZA

I have found out via tech support your unit has gone a dozen times is that correct. please call my sales department at 423-400-7441

Replacement

AUTHOR: Anthony - (United States of America)

Barbara My Name is Anthony C. Crowley I am an Acer America Assistant Manager I just found your complaint and am willing to give you a BRAND New Acer Desktop or laptop Call Me @ 423-790-1382 it is NOT tolerated at acer for the issues you have had and I aplogize for the incoveince. I understand the issue at heart because our reps our moving to a new call centre in cleveland tennessee this IS NO excuse from my emplyoees and I will bring this up with my supervisor and let him know of this issue. I seen on the repair ticket that the motherboard HAS FAILED on 7 times this year and 9 times in 2007

football