legend

www.acer.com Nationwide United States of America

Acer USA ACER VERY POOR CUSTOMER, UNLESS YOU ARE RICH Internet, Nationwide

*General Comment: the ACER site is hard to find anything try this Link

*Consumer Comment: Indeed

*Author of original report: Answer, To your "I found It"

*Consumer Comment: I found it

I Emailed Acer with a general question but they wouldn't answer unless I paid them:

I need to down load e-recovery. Where would I go to get the program download. I see you have all the others: eDataSecurity Acer Acer eDataSecurity Management Application 2.8.4354 41.4 MB 2008/12/04 eFramework Acer Acer Empowering Technology Framework 2.5.3005 12.4 MB 2008/12/04 eLock Acer Acer eLock Management Application 2.5.3006 4.9 MB 2008/12/04 eNet Acer Acer eNet Management Application 2.6.3005 7.9 MB 2008/12/04 ePower Acer Acer ePower Management Application 2.5.3007 10.8 MB 2008/12/04 ePresentation Acer Acer ePresentation Management Application 2.5.3003 3.4 MB 2008/12/04 eSetting Acer Acer eSetting Management Application 2.5.3004 7.4 MB 2008/12/04 LaunchManager Dritek Acer LaunchManager Application

THEY EMAILED ME BACK

Thank you for contacting Acer America. I understand that you would like to download eRecovery on your computer. After verifying your information we see that your product is out of warranty. However, Acer does offer a fee-based support over the phone for its Out of Warranty products. You may call Answer By Acer ( ABA) 1.800-237-6483. Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year. For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site http://support.acer.com/ Thank you for contacting Acer, Have a great day! Respectfully, Acer America Online Technical Support

I EMAILED THEM AGAIN IN RESPONSE:

YOU people are ridiculous, all I want to know is where do I find the program on your website. I see you have other downloads for all other versions I just want to know if you have one for my computer. Do you not even have customer service? It's like me going to best buy and the associate telling me that there will be a charge for them to tell me where I can find the computer section.

THEY EMAILED ME BACK AGAIN:

Thank you for contacting Acer America. Ill be happy to assist you. Having reviewed your email, I understand that you need to download eRecovery software. After verifying serial Number LXABH06019633044351601 we see that your product is out of warranty. However, Acer does offer a fee-based support over the phone for its Out of Warranty products. You may call 1.800.237.6483. Calling cards are available for 30 minutes ($59.99), 90 minutes ($129.99), or 15 issues ($199.99) and the validity will be 1 year. For further clarifications please feel free to visit our web site http://support.acer.com/ Thank you for contacting Acer. Have a great day! Respectfully, Acer America Online Technical Support

I sent my final email to them:

The world should know about your excellent customer. Please visit http://ripoffreport.com. There you can find my complaint as well as many others you have alienated.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/10/2009 01:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer-USA/nationwide/Acer-USA-ACER-VERY-POOR-CUSTOMER-UNLESS-YOU-ARE-RICH-Internet-Nationwide-507331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer USA

#1 General Comment

the ACER site is hard to find anything try this Link

AUTHOR: look here - (USA)

Indeed

AUTHOR: Ashley - (U.S.A.)

If you are IT certified since 200, then surely you read the material with your computer. I'm sure you also read your warranty and checked withe their website that you had eveything you needed for a backup in case of a major crash.

Oh wait. You obviously didnt. You waited until the computer was OUT of warranty to take care of sure minor details. Guess you pay now.

Answer, To your "I found It"

AUTHOR: George - (USA)

I December of 2007 when I bought the computer I made a complete backup disk of the entire system (IMAGE). When my hard drive went south I reloaded the system disk and it restored everything, everything except "erecovery" it was not reloaded. All the following was reloaded:

So I did have a complete setup. In essence it failed another problem. So even that was not reliable. I am IT certified since 2000 so I do have knowledge of computers. So if you buy an Acer don't even depend on the complete system backup cause not even 2 years later it won't help, END ...

I found it

AUTHOR: Nancy - (U.S.A.)

How hard did you look?  I went to www.support.acer. If you click on the support link it will take you to another page, there you will see erecovery CD. Apparently you have to purchase it. All computer companies that I know of are the same. IF your computer is out of warranty, you have to pay. Why didn't you get the CD when it was under warranty?