Complaint Review: Acer

• Updated: Thu, February 23, 2012

• Reported By: yo — Birmingham Alabama United States of America
Acer

Acer ACER INSPIRE SCREEN ISSUES Internet

I purchased an  Acer Aspire laptop for use by my granddaugher, as a Christmas present.  It was purchased about December 12, 2011.  After only two months of use (2/23/12), we turned on the computer to find half the screen covered with blotches and lines.  The device had  been working just hours before.  It had not fallen, or was the screen broken, nothing.  I then contacted Acer via chat.

I took a picture and attached it to the chat. I was told  the blotches and lines was a cracked screen and it was not covered under warranty. They said I could send the machine and I would have to pay for repairs and shipping.  I again told them I had done nothing that could have caused the screen to crack and that this is a manufacturer defect in this machine. They refuse to repair free of charge.  I refuse to pay for a defect created by the manufacturer or let them get off so easy with just a phone call. The machine is a ripoff. I will never buy an Acer products again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/23/2012 10:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer/internet/Acer-ACER-INSPIRE-SCREEN-ISSUES-Internet-843811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer