instrument

Acer
California 95110 Internet United States of America

Acer Another Acer Aspire One Cracked Screen Internet

*Author of original report: Update New Screen Installed

My Acer Aspire One is just three weeks old and I openned it up one morning and found a little blotch on the screen.    I called Acer and was told it was a crack in the screen and that It was not covered under warrenty.   I can send it in and pay for the repair but there is nothing they will do for me.
    Just to note:    this unit was fine the night before.   It sat on the desk all night and no one touched it.  It has not been dropped or handles by anyone other than me.     I openned it up the next morning and turned it on.   The crack is at the corner where I open it up, top left hand corner.   I do hold the unit with my right hand and open it with the left.   So I guess openning it by by the corner cracked it.   And if I believed that I guess I'm also cracked or this notebook is the biggest piece of junk I have ever bought.
    However,  I bought my grandson one last year and his is fine.  He is twelve years old and treats his like a twelve year old treats most stuff.  You get the picture.   Like I said, his is fine.
    In Addition, after talking with Acer, I did stress the corner where the blotch was and it spread across the whole corner and tends to look like a crack.     I don't believe I could recomend this notebook.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/16/2011 07:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acer/internet/Acer-Another-Acer-Aspire-One-Cracked-Screen-Internet-706619. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acer

Update New Screen Installed

AUTHOR: lazyastronomer - (USA)

I ordered a new screen for my Acer One.   While replacing I realized that the cover and bezel that hold the screen is so flimsy that it relies heavily on the strength of the LCD screen for the strength of the total screen housing.     A more rigid cover would certainly make a difference.