existed

• Updated: Thu, April 18, 2013

• Reported By: Bobby — Fort Gay West Virginia
Acess Travel Network
672 N. Semoran Blvd. Suite 301 Orlando, Florida United States of America

Acess Travel Network Tina Moore Offered to Rent 12 Free Weeks of Timeshare With Activation Fee, Lying and Misrepresenting Orlando, Florida

*Author of original report: Another Scam?

*Consumer Suggestion: Timeshare Resale Scams

Was called Jan.22, 2013 by a Tina Moore even though my number is on Do Not Call Registry. Offered to sell our 12 free weeks we had thru RCI that was due to run out March 1st. Although it would be an up front activation fee from us of 149.00 a week, total of 1788.00 they would have to have that day. I told her I would have to talk it over with spouse to call back next week.

She called the next week and we had decided to do it, not knowing anything. We were new to the Timeshare period. Very new! Although that is no excuse, I am usually very cautious and check everything out. She took the credit card info, sent an email to sign electronically but said they would be sending out a hard copy for us to both sign cause they had to have though signatures to process the rentals.

Never received anything from them. 30 days later called to see what was going on and why we hadn't received papers, was told everything was still being processed. They had so many people they were working with. A red flag went up then and I started searching the internet. That is when my stomach dropped. Saw all the posts of SCAM!  Called back the next day and got Tina Moore. Asked nicely for a refund. She wanted to know why, and I just said, We would just like a refund and not do this. She started her sales pitch and talked right over me, I finally said, I know this is a scam and you misrepresented the whole thing. She got really loud, said I was disrespecting her, she wouldn't even talk to someone that would disrespect her and hung up. I called right back and ask for her supervisor. Got a Kenny Taylor who said all the same things Tina said.

He also said we had a binding contract, I told him not really, we hadn't ever got a hard copy and both owners had not signed it. He told me I was not entitled to a refund but he would send it thru to the merchant right then as we spoke.  I waited 30 days, no refund. Called back and got a lady named Nicole, which really sounded like Tina Moore. I even ask if she was sure this wasn't Tina Moore. She said the exact same words as Tina, she talked over top of me, said there was no record of my call to Tina and Kenny so obviously I didn't call.  Before I could say anything to her about the BBB or anything, she said, Do whatever you have to do. I am tired of people calling in here and complaining all the time and threatening to do this and that. Do it!!! I said, Oh I will, I assure you!  I have contacted BBB in Florida and WV., Florida Dept. of Agriculture and Consumer Services, Federal Trade Commission, Do Not Call Registry and I am now hitting all the online sites to tell people what a ripoff this company is. All these people need to be behind bars for life!!! I also just called CTC who is the charge on my credit card and asked for a refund. A manager is suppose to call me back on that, the lady told me they are just the processor for Access Travel. He will be calling them before he calls me. So I am anxious to see what they tell him. Please stay away from any business with Access Travel Network. They are getting rich by SCAMMING people!! Hard lesson learned!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/18/2013 12:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acess-Travel-Network/Orlando-Florida-32807/Acess-Travel-Network-Tina-Moore-Offered-to-Rent-12-Free-Weeks-of-Timeshare-With-Activation-1044319. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acess Travel Network

Another Scam?

AUTHOR: Bobby - ()

I'm sorry but this seems like another scam. I see it is on most all the reports. I was not trying to sell my Timeshare at all. I had just bought it. This report was made on ATN calling me and telling me I had 12 weeks free from RCI that was about to expire and they could rent those weeks out for me so I wouldn't loose them. I was new to this and didn't know we didn't have the 12 FREE weeks to start with. Once they mentioned RCI, I took it for granted they were telling me something I just wasn't aware of. So why would you post this on a Rebuttal wanting me to check out letting a Mexican  company sell my timeshare??? My timeshare is not worthless, we are using it and will continue to use it.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Timeshare Resale Scams

AUTHOR: janie78j - ()

Unfortunately, there is virtually no resale market for timeshare anymore. The market has collapsed and the stark truth is most timeshare is worthless. Ebay is full of timeshare weeks unsold for only $1. The sellers would of course be quite happy to sell for eve less just to rid themselves of timeshare. As you said, hard lesson learned, i'm sorry it had to be this way. I would recommend you to read these articles from Mexican Timeshare Solutions on how to proceed legally against timeshare scams: