Just happened ,10/12/2012.
I purchased a money-card from Walgreen and loaded $457 onto card. I recieved a text message indicating that I have $461.39 on card.The card was loaded with enough funds to cover a tax bill which I needed to pay.
I went online to complete the transaction once I was aware that the funds had posted to the Achieve Card which I had previous loaded with $457.when I went to perform the transaction on the Web; I was shocked to see that my card was declining. After trying 4 times, I ceased from trying and went online to check my account which ironically indicated that $120 had been deducted from card. I then proceeded to the nearest ATM machine to check my balance and it indicated as well;money had deducted from card.
After this, I tried calling several times, spending around 3hrs on hold; experiencing a few dropped calls here and there.Finally, someone answered the call and I was able to explained what had transpired with my card declining after just being replenished with funds . They informed me that there was a glitch in the system and that the sytem wasn't communicating with the merchant; something to this effect, and, that they would have the problem resolved.
A couple of hours passed by and I noticed that I had recieved serveral text messages stating that the previous transactions had been reverse. My balanced indicated that all mony which was missing had been repalaced. So, I attemped to complete my transaction once more and low and behold; the previous problem re-occured.
What prompted me to rigt this report is that my suspiscion were aroused after doing a check with Rip-Off .com, and seeing that there were so many different complaints with other cardholders. I thought I might give the site a try and see if there were other similar complaints.
I'm hoping this is a glitch with the system , as indicated by staff at Achieve Card, and that the matter will be resovled.I guess time will unveil whether or they have been truthful.