Complaint Review: Acidalkalinediet.com

• Updated: Thu, January 22, 2009

• Reported By:Grover Beach California
Acidalkalinediet.com
Nationwide Australia

Acidalkalinediet.com, Michael Murray You can't cancel subscription as claimed--not even on PayPal! Nationwide International

I received an invitation to buy a course on the acid-alkaline diet for $1 via email. When I signed up, they also claimed I could cancel at any time. It seemed reasonable, so I signed up through PayPal. Once I got registered, I got error codes preventing me from using the course as described. When I went to the recipes pages, they were the same ones available for free to anyone visiting the website, and were few in number. I tried to email them to cancel, but all emails bounced back. When I went to PayPal to try and cancel, the email provided only gave me an automatic response.

You cannot reach a live body at their site, and there is no customer service link that allows you to deal with a pending transaction. I went on the website's blog area and found complaints by other unhappy customers.

I contacted PayPal when acidalkalinediet.com debited me for $26, and they told me that since it's not a tangible item, I can't recover my money, it's not covered in their refund guarantee. When I protested that the acidalkalinediet.com email they published on PayPal is bogus, PayPal said they had a way of contacting them, and would try to reach them.

My question is, what kind of outfit takes your money without providing contact info in case there's a problem? If they solicit your money, you should be able to respond in kind, not be left twisting in the wind, ripped off!

Sage
Grover Beach, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2009 10:54 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acidalkalinedietcom/nationwide/Acidalkalinedietcom-Michael-Murray-You-cant-cancel-subscription-as-claimed-not-even-on-414838. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acidalkalinediet.com