Complaint Review: Acorn Stairlifts

• Reported By: tamitunes — Humble Texas
Acorn Stairlifts
Houston, Texas United States of America

Acorn Stairlifts Elder Fraud Houston, Texas

I was in the market for a stairlift and at the request of my 82 year old mother I contacted Acorn. The salesman came out to the house, took some measurements and gave me his sales pitch.  The price he quoted me was for $3250.  I explained to him that was too expensive and he said he couldn't do anything in the $3000 range unless I bought the lift right then and there.  I thanked him and he left.

A week later I get a call from a rep telling me that someone had "cancelled an order" and they were willing to give me a better deal. I explained that I received a quote from a local company for a comparable chair from Sterling for $2700.00 and to call me back if he could beat that price.  The next day John called and told me they could BEAT THAT PRICE.  So basically, had my mother been home he would have given her his song and dance about safety blah blah blah and a recognizable name blah blah and he would have ripped her off for upwards of 5-600 dollars.

Needless to say, I purchased my stairlift from a local company 101 Mobility who sold me a Sterling lift for $2700 with a 6 month NO INTEREST payment plan.  Acorn is price gauging the elderly.. marking up their product to make a hefty profit. Had they offered me a fair price, I would have used them. However after the games they tried to play I would never refer them to anyone. What a bunch of scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/24/2013 12:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acorn-Stairlifts/Houston-Texas-/Acorn-Stairlifts-Elder-Fraud-Houston-Texas-1045874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acorn Stairlifts