Complaint Review: Acotel - Flycell

• Submitted: Fri, February 15, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, February 15, 2008

• Reported By:austin Texas
Acotel - Flycell
flycell.com - acotel.com , Interent U.S.A.

Acotel - Flycell acotel binary ringtone fraud Interent

my cell phone carrier is credo/working assets and for the last two months I have received a charge of 9.99 per month on my bill for ACOTEL BINARY RINGTONES. I have never heard of these people let alone subscribed to them, yet it seems I must have according to credo/working assets. they will not remove the charges because it is a third party. bringing up ACOTEL online shows the page of a large italian company but no US contact information. their US partner appears to be a company called FLYCELL. no matter how many times I called FLYCELL I can never get through to a person. their hold time is impossibly long and I have no way of knowing whether they are the ones I should contact anyway because their name appears nowhere on my phone bill. phoning them from my cell phone the recorded voice informed me that the phone I was calling from was not a subscriber number. so i texted FLYCELL and unsubscribed what may have been the product they are charging me for and they replied with a text telling me that I had successfully unsubscribed. how can you unsubscribe from a company that tells you that you are not a subscriber in the first place? the FLYCELL recorded information also told me in assured tones that there is no way I could subscribe to them unknowingly as they ask twice, once online and once via text. I will not know until next month whether my attempts to remove these charges will have worked.
others have reported this company via the rip off report but does anyone have any answers to removing these false charges from a phone bill?

Martin
austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/15/2008 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acotel-Flycell/Interent/Acotel-Flycell-acotel-binary-ringtone-fraud-Interent-309170. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acotel - Flycell