Complaint Review: Acotel - Flycell

• Reported By: catie — san francisco California USA
Acotel - Flycell
Internet, New York United States of America

Acotel - Flycell Third Party Cellphone "Services" Internet, New York

So Flycell did it again! Problem is, its hard to avoid getting scammed by this company because they're a hidden third-party company. I clicked on some weird ad on Facebook, got lead to this site where I could upload my photo and someone else's and see what our baby would look like. I NEVER got a result, but instead was prompted to enter my phone number so that they could text me the result. Having given other companies my number and never having gotten charged, I figured, well, they didn't have my credit card information. I gave them my number and suddenly got this message saying "Welcome to Flycell! To cancel this message reply STOP. So I did, but the messages kept coming! Apparently they signed me up for "Laughaholics" and were sending me messages like, "Marriage isn't just having a wife, but inheriting worries for a life time."

Is that supposed to be a JOKE? Completely offensive and NOT funny at all. I want my money back!

I've sent them a gazillion e-mails, only ONE has been replied to. It says something like, they are happy to inform me that I'll receive no further charges, but that the initial charge of 9.99 is still valid. Even though I canceled it the next day! Sounds like they've done a lot of other very suspicious things according to other reports on ripoffreport...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2010 01:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acotel-Flycell/Internet-New-York-/Acotel-Flycell-Third-Party-Cellphone-Services-Internet-New-York-590987. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acotel - Flycell