Complaint Review: Acoustic Response Speakers

Acoustic Response Speakers
Nationwide U.S.A.

Acoustic Response Speakers ripoff

*Consumer Comment: Somewhat same story here

About 6 mos ago I had 2 individuals approach me in front of my bank in Carlsbad California (San Diego) trying to sell me speakers out of the back of thier ford explorer. I told the two that I wasnt going to fall for this one (this was attempted to me once before in Northern California and to my best friend in Arizona) and they began to harass me and follow me. I proceded to call the police on my cell phone and they decided to leave me alone when they saw me on the phone. Watch out, they try to sell other video equipment too. My best friend was actually suckered into buying these for 250 dollars while in Arizona. They work ok, but are not what they claim to be, that is for sure.

Jason
Carlsbad, California

*EDitor's Comment: Rip-off Report confirms contact info salesman misrepresentation ripoff

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/13/2004 05:07 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acoustic-Response-Speakers/nationwide/Acoustic-Response-Speakers-ripoff-80367. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acoustic Response Speakers

Somewhat same story here

AUTHOR: Luis - (U.S.A.)

same story here. guys in a van with high gloss papers showing me how great they were. story was they were "extra speekers for a club". I also bought some speekes too. cost about $300 for two. It might seem starage but they were actually good for me. solid box, grill covers, and overload protection. I had mine for about nine years before they finally quit. I threw a lot of partys in many locatoins with an old school powerful system. The overload always trippred when i pushed them way too far, which i am greatful for. At $300 i was never afraid to push them. two years ago i had to replace them. for store bought speekers at $200. decent box, good grill, but no overload protection. I was Afraid to push them too far. As for my old ones, I could make them vibrate across the the floor with no problems. Now would i pay over $300, not really. I opened up the old ones, and they were made in china. I'm 99.9% sure when i open my new ones they to are made in china. the only scam here in my eyes is pushing "big mart" speekers at a high price. its no different then buying a "certified preowned car" from a car salesman.