existed

• Submitted: Tue, December 16, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 03, 2014

• Reported By:springville Utah
Across The Nation Promo, Model & Staffing Ltd
559 W Diversey Pkwy#100 Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

Across The Nation Promo, Model & Staffing Ltd Across the nation/ ATN rip off ripoff people please beware they dont pay to workers/independent contractors !!!SCAM!!!! Chicago Illinois

*UPDATE Employee: Molly Sito Now Defrauding Under New Company - BestReps of Las Vegas

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Ex Employee Not Paid for 6 Months

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Account Manager Roles

*UPDATE Employee: Across the Nation: Clarity

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Across The Nation - a SCAM

*UPDATE Employee: RE: ?Pay?

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: ATN also known as Across The Nation Models

*UPDATE Employee: I Work for the ATN offices!

*UPDATE Employee: I work for ATN!

*UPDATE Employee: ?Pay?

*Consumer Comment: Have you been paid yet

I worked an event in UT on Thu, 11 Sep 2008 for this people along with my husband and they said they will pay within 35 days no more than that as it is usual with promotional companies. these people said they can also pay thru paypal or check and all you have to do is after work go to the website and login and enter your hours in a box that is added to your profile " a time sheet" so my husband did. but for some strange reason my time sheet option in the website when i logged in was gone so i couldnt fill it out. so far my husband got paid within the first week after the promotion and I emailed my mgr at ATN Molly Sito and she said she was gonna double check with the technogy office and that I should be able to log my hours in. she said I'm not sure what happened there, but it should be all set
Thank you so much for a great job! Looking forward to working with you again in the future!!
Molly.

so far they never got back to me so in october I emailed josef the supposed contact for payroll who molly forwarded me too in a prevous email and this person typed a email stating that the client has not paid them yet which doesnt make sense cuz my husband got paid as well as others within the 1st week! and mr josef said i had to wait another 10 days for my check to arrive !!!! and that is the last time I had contact with those people

NOTE" we both had time sheets signed by the client AND ATN NEVER ASKED FOR THEM UNTIL TODAY 12/16/2008 that I called ATN and some receptionist vas not very helpful and voice tone aggresive when I explained what had happened and ask to speak with a manager so they transfered me to some JOEY who was very rude and when I asked why I have got not paid he threatened me and denied to be the CEO or owner and said they dont have to tell me who the owner was or give any info! when I asked him and instead said some mike michaels" really" owned the company and that I was never going to see a cent from them and threatened me with suing me for calling them a liar!!! when I never called em anything and he also expressed prejudice in the phone call and asked me to shut up !!! so he can talk for 2 minutes and asked no interruptions!!!

OMG also they hanged up on me 5 times and said that they were going to contact my husband and that i was not allowed to call em anymore and so they called my husband and told him their side of the story OF COURSE and promised payment by the end December 2008 so we will see so far I dont see a check so I considered myself ripped off by them and if anything changes I will update it!!!

But if they dont pay me then they are ripp off please beware of this people dont work for free! believe me there is plenty more companies to choose from !!!

Colombiana
springville, Utah

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2008 02:37 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Across-The-Nation-Promo-Model-Staffing-Ltd/Chicago-Illinois-60614-76/Across-The-Nation-Promo-Model-Staffing-Ltd-Across-the-nation-ATN-rip-off-ripoff-peopl-402039. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Across The Nation Promo, Model & Staffing Ltd

Molly Sito Now Defrauding Under New Company - BestReps of Las Vegas

AUTHOR: NotThisOne - ()

I just submitted a report for a company called BestReps Event Staffing in Las Vegas, that this Molly Sito is running.  Interesting that she is associated with both companies, and not paying people is still part of her career.  How can she possibly hope to clear her name.

I did work for BestReps / Molly Sito in June, and still haven't been paid, and am getting an unbelievable chain of excuses.

After reading the long history and numerous people that have been scammed by her and the companies she represents, I am am just going straight to the Federal Labor Commission, who seems to be very interested in her name specifically.

I also think it would be wise to contact the stores I worked at, that Molly Sito billed for the work I did; and let them know exactly how this has been handled.  I don't think these major corporations would like being associated with a company that doesn't pay it's representatives, when they themselves were paid.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Ex Employee Not Paid for 6 Months

AUTHOR: samo90401 - ()

I did a promo gig for this company half a year ago. First of all, the company is misleading. They told certain people in our group to arrive at a certain time and place for a job, and then when those people got there, they were told that they were alternates and they were not needed. They got sent home after driving all the way to the employment site, and were not warned beforehand that this might happen.

After the job, I was told that to be paid I had to fill out an online application with a staffing company called Atrium, who would be doing the payroll. Atrium required that you upload at least five different documents, plus fill out an online application. This was annoying, but I thought I'd be paid afterward.

A month later, I still hadn't been paid. I inquired, and they told me that one of my documents, my I-9, was the wrong one and I would have to do another one. So I did, as annoying and time consuming as it was. I sent it in. Another month went by and I heard nothing and still wasn't paid. I inquired again. They told me that I now had to send in some other document. I had already sent in every document from the list. So I sent in this new one they told me to send.

This same thing continued to happen month after month. I have invested hours and hours of time into this absurd payroll process and I have still not been paid for my work.

I finally sent a very rude email threatening a class-action lawsuit, as I know others who have not been paid for their work. They replied by telling me that this was MY fault because I hadn't sent in the correct forms.

#3 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Account Manager Roles

AUTHOR: Molly Sito - (United States of America)

I'm writing this rebuttal to clear my name personally as I have far too much honesty and business integrity to be mixed up in these types of complaints.  I am an Ex-account manager of ATN.  While there, I staffed the events and served as a point of contact through the duration of the event to see that it executed successfully.  It is up to the brand ambassador themselves, to log in their hours following an event, if they do not do it properly, the billables and payment are delayed.  I can confirm that.   I had no authority over the technical portion of the website so if someone could not login, I could only report it to the owner.  In addition, once an event had ended the owner of the company then invoiced and cuts checks.  I had no power over this.  Since leaving last November, 2010 I am still owed thousands of dollars for events that I successfully staffed.  Will I receive it? I'm uncertain, I hope so.

Across the Nation: Clarity

AUTHOR: ptourville - (United States of America)

Let me clarify. I have worked for ATN in the past. I have been staffed by Across the Nation in the past on several marketing events. My experience with Across the Nation has been great. I'm from Chicago. They we're efficient and clear on where I was to be on what dates. Details on event execution were clearly expressed. Everyone I met was extremely friendly and helpful. I met wonderful individuals and really had a blast working for ATN and plan on continuing with the company in the future.

#5 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Across The Nation - a SCAM

AUTHOR: Promo911 - (U.S.A.)

Hello, I have been working in the promotional field for awhile now and have come across some good and bad companies in the past. One of the worst companies I have worked for was Accross the Nation (ATN). Today i got a threatening phone call from the owner "Joey" saying i registered in the database on five different occassions, he told me some other insane things which of course were not true.
My roommate worked a BCBS Event with me in Jacksonville and he didnt get paid when i got paid. We contacted Joey and he told us that because he walked off the "JOB" but did over 8 hours of work he wouldnt be paid. Well soon as i heard that i sprung into action. If you have a problem against Across the nation reset assured your NOT ALONE. YOU MUST Contact the Hourly & Wage dept. We contacted the Attorney general in return contacted the Wage & Hour Division and he got paid a couple weeks after (The check was sent directly to the Wage & Hourly division)

I have seen that ATN has been posting bogus job postings in various cities and they reply with the same e-mail which states you have to apply on the Across the Nation Website.

Across the nation is somehow affiliated with Accent talent. I discovered that because of there "TIME SHEETS" and they had the same address at first. Joey denied this. I have worked for Acent and would work with them again...

AVOID ACROSS THE NATION.... IT IS OWNED BY A SCAM ARTIST.

RE: ?Pay?

AUTHOR: Libertariantaxman - (U.S.A.)

I did get paid for the job. I think that posting on these sites helped me get paid. I believe if I did not post, then I would have been "lost" in the shuffle and out of luck for payment. Hopefully I helped others get paid also!

#7 UPDATE EX-employee responds

ATN also known as Across The Nation Models

AUTHOR: Chicago - (U.S.A.)

Joey is the owner of ATN Across the nation also known as Attn: Josef N. Meyer
559 W. Diversey, Ste. 100 Chicago, IL 60614
T: 773.296.6099
F: 773.305.0946
E: jmeyer@atnpromo.com.

I have worked in the office and can tell you first hand that calls are avoided. they also commonly use the excuse (no Voucher no Pay)if a client does not want to sign the slip or voucher as they call it Joey will tell us to tell them we will not pay them. He uses any and all stall tactics to hold on to the money. further more you can see posted warning info on craigslist about this company.

Also there was a posting from a Leah in Atlanta Georgia on here Submitted: 1/27/2009 4:41:46 PM Modified: 1/27/2009 7:46:08 PM I can tell you Joey does not have an office in atlanta this is a usual tactic of his to act as if he is some one else and puts up rebuttals.

I will attest to what I have seen first hand if anyone wants to file suit and uncover how many more victims are out there currently I have monies that have not been paid also.

I Work for the ATN offices!

AUTHOR: Leah - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

I am very concerned to see these postings about my company. I work in the ATN offices and have scheduled a few of the staff who have written here.

I would like to clarify what seems to be the common problem here--

People ARE in fact getting paid, but they are simply not being paid on "their" schedule.
Our payment policy clearly states that we promise payment within 5 business days of receiving payment from the client. Sometimes that is week later, sometimes, unfortunately, it's months later. People who are paid through PayPal (as someone mentioned on here) are paid differently than when we mail them a check, with PayPal we are able to pre-pay against company credit, which is why we do not have to wait for payment from the client for PayPal. We offer PayPal payments (which usually come within 2 weeks after working) as a courtesy to our staff, because we know that it's frustrating to wait months for payment.

I cannot stress enough that we have NEVER not paid someone who has done work for us and followed all instructions (had their time sheet signed and met all job requirements).

I work for ATN!

AUTHOR: Leah - (U.S.A.)

I would like to clarify what seems to be the common problem here--

?Pay?

AUTHOR: Libertariantaxman - (U.S.A.)

Hello,

I did a 3 month job for them. A few of the employees are getting the run around just like yours. They are delinquent with pay by 5 months so far. They say they will have everyone paid in a couple weeks.

Have you gotten your pay yet? With a company as large as theirs you would think that things like this would not happen... I will keep everyone posted!

Have you been paid yet

AUTHOR: Wael2k86 - (U.S.A.)

Hi,

I am signed up to work for them this week and would love to know if you've been paid yet.

Best Regards,