masses

• Updated: Sun, October 31, 2010

• Reported By: SH — Jackson Michigan United States of America
Across U.S.A. Moving and Storage
10480 Shady Trl Ste 100 Dallas, TX 75220-2533 Internet United States of America

Across U.S.A. Moving and Storage Destroyed, Lied, Lost, Stole, Horrible Business Internet

I engaged Across USA (Dallas office) to move my household to the State of Michigan from Texas. They changed the agreed upon pick-up and delivery dates in mid-contract and threatened to delay delivery by two weeks if I did not comply with their drop off schedule, causing serious problems to me and forcing a 19 hour drive (non-stop) in order to arrive in time. At delivery much of my furniture was severely damaged but the drivers ultimately left some very valuable pieces of furniture (Antique brass beds from Civil War era, Family heirlooms), on the truck and left. Within a couple of hours after leaving the driver called and acknowledged the mistake and promised to deliver the items within a couple of hours. The driver described the items to me, verifying they were indeed in possession of my property. The driver never showed up and has since denied having the items. The company has done literally nothing to help me retrieve my property after many requests submitted by me. [continued below]....

..... I have even offered to pick my property up from them at my expense, but have received nothing but apathy and refusal to help. Now they deny any knowledge of my property. In addition to the tremendous amount of damage their company did to much of my furniture (2 book cases completely destroyed and not delivered, legs broken off of tables and huge scars on much of my wood furniture), they openly refuse to help in any way in the recovery of my property. The behavior of the staff has been completely unprofessional and has breached the contract with me. The claims process is extremely arduous and can take up to 6 months for resolution and requires me to leave damaged articles in the same place they were delivered and must remain unfixed for the entire time. If they do ultimately resolve the claim with a reimbursement they state that the furniture then becomes their property. I have never had the misfortune to deal with such a callous and corrupt company as this in my life. I hope this complaint saves someone else from suffering with this company. Do yourself a favor and use a professional company for your move. Stay away from Across U.S.A..

Across USA Moving and Storage Inc.
10480 Shady Trl Ste 100
Dallas, TX 75220-2533
<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/31/2010 02:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Across-USA-Moving-and-Storage/internet/Across-USA-Moving-and-Storage-Destroyed-Lied-Lost-Stole-Horrible-Business-Internet-657093. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Across U.S.A. Moving and Storage