Complaint Review: Action Appliance Inc

• Reported By: Agon — Colorado Springs Colorado United States of America
Action Appliance Inc
2816 Willamette Pl # F Colorado Springs, Colorado United States of America

Action Appliance Inc Expensive repair / shoddy work Colorado Springs, Colorado

On 04/30/2012, Action Appliance came out to repair my ice cube maker because it quit working.  The technician discovered that there was no water flow through the plastic line.  He hooked up a new valve (which I could have picked up at DIY for $10) and he had me turn on the water to ensure there was water flowing (which it was).  I turned the water back off then the technician hooked the line up then pushed the refrigerator back in place.  The technician had me turn the water back on and water started flowing from the dispenser.  He never checked for leaks.

The technician charged me $170 service call and went about his business.

Several weeks later, water started dripping from my basement ceiling.  I could not pinpoint the leak until the sheetrock fell.  The sheetrock was completely soaked due to weeks of water coming from the water line.  The water also started to come up from beneath the floor boards.

When I pulled the refrigerator out from the wall, I discovered a leak so small, it was barely noticeable.  The water was spraying on the back wall where it dripped between the wall and baseboard.  On 05/25/2012 (within the warrant period), another technician came out to take pictures of the damage, and to splice the line.  He refused to turn the water back on and since then I have not had use of my icecube maker.

I have repeatedly called for over 8 months to talk to a manager and their customer service reps would not allow me to.  The last time I called, the service rep said that the repairs were well out of warranty and would not do anything for me.

I have since filed a BBB complaint and the company response is that (my own words) I am out of luck and they are not responsible.

So bottom line, I paid $170 for a repair that is still not corrected; I have a warped hardwood floor, and a hole in my basement ceiling where the sheetrock use to be.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/06/2013 09:53 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Action-Appliance-Inc/Colorado-Springs-Colorado-80909/Action-Appliance-Inc-Expensive-repair-shoddy-work-Colorado-Springs-Colorado-1010138. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Action Appliance Inc