Complaint Review: Action Auto Wrecker

• Updated: Fri, April 26, 2013

• Reported By: Jonathon — Calgary Alberta
Action Auto Wrecker
38 E Chestnut Street massapequa, New York United States of America

Action Auto Wrecker Philip Schaeffer No refund on returned product after promises made..... BEWARE massapequa, New York

On February 5th, 2013 we purchased a used Merecedes MBE 900 Engine assembly.  We were shipped the wrong model and received a MBE906.  We notified Phil Schaeffer and requested a return authorization which we received.  The engine was shipped back at our expense and was accepted at Action Auto Wreckers on March 27th, 2013 and signed in good condition by their employee Brian.

On April 2nd I called to see if my refund was completed as I was asked to send in my address and fedex account information for a check to be sent fedex.  I was told that Linda in account issues the checks on Friday.  I followed up on Friday and was told the check was sent out by mail even though it was specified we wanted sent by fedex.

On April 22nd the check still had not arrived and I began calling Phil Schaeffer and Linda to get assistance.  Mike the fellow answering the calls would tell me that Phil is on the other line, out of the office or away for the day.  When I blocked my number after being told that Phil was away moments later I was able to get Phil on the phone.  Phil told me that if the check wasn't there the next day he would send a replacement.

The following day I called and Phil was again not around.  When I blocked my number no one would pick up the phone.  I sent an email to Action Auto Wreckers with a cut an paste of a complaint I was prepared to file.  I received a response indicating that the check was cancelled the previous day and that he sent out a replacement.

I asked for the new check number, why he didn't confirm my address and why Phil didn't send it out fedex even though we specified that.  I have received no response from him.

I spoke to Linda on the 26th of April the accountant for Action Auto Wrecker and she said that she didn't know anything about the replacement check but she thinks that Phil did send one out.  I asked if she could help me and she said I would need to deal with Phil.  I again asked when Phil would return and she didn't know.

I am tired of getting lied to and I don't know what else to do as this is a large $6500.00 refund.   Beware to everyone out there to use only credit cards when dealing with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2013 10:03 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Action-Auto-Wrecker/massapequa-New-York-11758/Action-Auto-Wrecker-Philip-Schaeffer-No-refund-on-returned-product-after-promises-made-1046422. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Action Auto Wrecker