Complaint Review: Action Camera and Camcorder Repair

• Updated: Wed, November 11, 2009

• Reported By: jennifer — Huntsville Alabama United States of America
Action Camera and Camcorder Repair
15192 Hazel Valley Road Fayetteville, Arkansas United States of America

Action Camera and Camcorder Repair Sent camcorder in for repair was charged $188, havent received camcorder, and they wont return phone calls or answer phone Fayetteville, Arkansas

Called and spoke to Owner Hal Newton, to get a feel for the business to see if it was legit.  He explained the process to me, send him the camcorder, they will diagnose and call to determine if i would like to proceed.  I fedex him the camcorder on Oct.10, he called me Oct. 13th and diagnosed (camcorder lcd panel was displaying upside down so not a dire problem)and gave me the price.  He asked me if i would like to fix, i gave him my american express card information.  He told me I should receive camera by that Friday, October 16th. I havent received camcorder today is Nov. 11th.  I did manage to talk to him once during this ordeal and he said i should have received and he will call me back.  The "business" does not answer or return phone calls. I want my camcorder back in the same condition i sent it to him with the repair he was paid to perform.  Also, looked at my American express payment, the payment was collected thru paypal, it doesnt list his name, the address listed was 2145 Hamilton Avenue, San Jose, CA, 95125, the business is suppose to be operating out of Fayetteville, Arkansas.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2009 08:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Action-Camera-and-Camcorder-Repair/Fayetteville-Arkansas-72701/Action-Camera-and-Camcorder-Repair-Sent-camcorder-in-for-repair-was-charged-188-havent-522401. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Action Camera and Camcorder Repair