Complaint Review: Active Forever/Harmar

• Reported By: Frank — Rowlett Texas USA
Active Forever/Harmar
10799 N. 90th St. Scotsdale, Arizona United States of America

Active Forever/Harmar Refused to take product back Scotsdale Arizona

I purchased a Harmar Model AL-065 scooter lift from this company over the internet. This model lift mounts on a trailer hitch outside of the vehicle which is designed for those vehicles that will not accommodate an inside lift. I own a Chrysler Town & Country Van with sto-N-Go seating which will not allow installation of an inside lift.

After receiving the device and installing it on my vehicle, the rear hatch would not open without removing the post and lift boom arm. Therefore, while walking on crutches, I would have to remove those items( about 20 pounds each) to open or close the back hatch of the van when either retrieving or storing the scooter. This was just not possible so I decided to return the item for credit.

My original call to Active Forever went well as they said no problem if I would agree to a 25% restocking fee and also paying the freight back to the supplier. I agreed to both conditions and they were to send me a return authorization number by email. A week went by and no number. A second call revealed that the manufacturer, Harmar, was refusing to take it back because they said it was not defective.

I then refused the charge on my AMX card and they tried on three different occasions to get them to accept return of the lift without success. The result is that I have a $700 lift that I can't use sitting in my garage.

Active Forever has since changed their web site on this item to state that it is non returnable unless defective.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/28/2009 01:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-ForeverHarmar/Scotsdale-Arizona-85260/Active-ForeverHarmar-Refused-to-take-product-back-Scotsdale-Arizona-486693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Forever/Harmar