• Report: #712045

• Updated: Mon, April 18, 2011

• Reported By: Al — newmarket Ontario Canada
Active Green & Ross Tire & Auto Centre newmarket
95 Eagle Street Newmarket, ON newmarket, Ontario United States of America

Active Green & Ross Tire & Auto Centre newmarket Ace Cruz complet rip off, tried to rip me off have proof scam $1200 them $400 another mechanic for brakes harassed newmarket, Ontario

*Author of original report: Case is being resolved with owner

*Author of original report: UNACCEPTABLE

*UPDATE Employee: If you have a complaint - please contact us!

Drove van there tried to get me for $1100.00 plus tax for rear brakes and front pads on a 98 astro van.  owner and employee of active green told my friend by text messages (I have proof) they were going to rip me off and (mess with my van) because they have some type of dislike for me.

Then they broke my rear brakes, couldn't drive it out of there to another mechanic.
Then the idiot mechanic lowered my van from the lift onto my brand new tire that was beneath it on the ground, it almost popped.

Then 3 of there mechanics came to my house to harass me (I live across the street from them) after I called and spoke to the owner advising her of my proof to rip me off(text messages) and that they are a complete rip off.

END OF STORY I HAD TO PAY TOW TRUCK $67.50 AND NOW I HAVE TO BUY A NEW WINTER TIRE AS I FEEL IT IS NOW TERRIBLY UNSAFE TO DRIVE AFTER MECHANIC CRUSHED IT.

THE NEXT MECHANIC BILLED ME $400.00 plus taxes for everything.  Active Green and ROSS tried to take me for $1,100 plus tax.

THEY ARE COWARDS AND ARE NOW BEING INVESTIGATED, DON'T TAKE YOUR VEHICLE THERE.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2011 02:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Green-Ross-Tire-Auto-Centre-newmarket/newmarket-Ontario-L3Y-1J2/Active-Green-Ross-Tire-Auto-Centre-newmarket-Ace-Cruz-complet-rip-off-tried-to-rip-me-712045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Green & Ross Tire & Auto Centre newmarket

Case is being resolved with owner

AUTHOR: honest - (Canada)

UPDATE:

No harm was found on my vehicle from a full inspection I had.

Ace from Active Green and Ross has been very helpful in resolving this issue.  He is also paying me the tow truck expenses and paying me for the inspection costs to assure that van is safe for me to drive.

UNACCEPTABLE

AUTHOR: honest - (Canada)

Please start taking this matter seriously, and tell all of your staff to stop harassing me and threatening me with your lawyers.

If you have a complaint - please contact us!

AUTHOR: Peter steele - general manager - (Canada)

Dear AC;

I have contacted the store in question the information provided differs from your story. If you have information to share with our Head Office we will investigate.

The store advises that upon removal of your rear brake drums that the brake components fell out of the drum as the mounting hardware was broken and could not be re-assembled. They advised you were present on site during the inspection and witnessed the condition of the brakes. They acknowledged the hoist was lowered onto the tire and the tire was inspected for you.

If you wish to share the information on your concern, please contact our Head Office at 416-255-5581.

Yours Truly