Complaint Review: Active Oeriodicals And Readers Source

• Submitted: Fri, March 06, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, September 12, 2009

• Reported By:Brainerd Minnesota
Active Oeriodicals And Readers Source
2063 Main Street, PMB 206 Oakley, California U.S.A.

Active Periodicals And Readers Source Free $1000.00 shopping spree! Free Magazines Sign up for a big Prize. What a rip-off Oakley California

* : Help!

After a big sales pitch from Active Periodicals with lots of promises I agree to pay for 5 magazines. I give them my credit card number but ask them to send me bills after the first month.

I then start getting calls about my order. Have your magazines started yet? I heard you have been getting lots of calls from other places? Let me check to make sure I have your info correct? What is your age? Let me have your creit card number again so I can make sure no one else can bill you for these.

I fianally realized it was two companies and they both tell me I owe. They harass me with hundreds of calls. Some to appoligize for all the calls but making sure I know that they expect me to PAY PAY PAY!! I reported them to the sherriff's office and the local paper. The paper is the one who informed me about this web site and showed me the reports from others on these companies.

I have now started taping all calls to turn over to the Attorney Gerneral's office. I have cancelled my credit card and changed my checking account to prevent them from recieving any more funds.

Ed
Brainerd, Minnesota

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2009 02:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Oeriodicals-And-Readers-Source/Oakley-California-94561/Active-Periodicals-And-Readers-Source-Free-100000-shopping-spree-Free-Magazines-Sign-up-431508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Oeriodicals And Readers Source

#1

Help!

AUTHOR: Frustrated - (USA)

I have been tricked in the same way..They have asked me to pay around 600$ to pay as an "adjustment price" for the shipment they had already made or it would end up in 1000$.What did you do to get rid of them? They deny to give any written docs regarding to the account..I am really frustrated.Please help!