Complaint Review: Active Periodicals - IRL

• Submitted: Fri, September 03, 2004
  • Updated: Fri, September 03, 2004

• Reported By:Costa Mesa California
Active Periodicals - IRL
PO Box 1188 Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals IRL rip-off! Dishonest fraudulent billing! Deerfield Beach Florida

I was sucked into purchasing this subscription, then I kept getting calls to buy more and more. So finally I told the company to cancel my order. They said they did. At that point I forgot all about it.

Then six months later I get a very rude phone call from a Mrs. Rich who proceeds to tell me I owe her $179 and that if I don't pay it right away she will take legal action. I stay very calm and try to explain that I had cancelled this order and find out what happened. She proceeds to yell at me for a good twenty minutes telling me how stupid I am and that I can keep talking and digging myself into a hole. That she is doing me a favor by even talking to me.

I remain calm and tell her that I would like to speak to someone else as she is obviously a very rude person. She tells me she is the manager and I can only deal with her or I will have legal action taken against me. Then she told me how stupid I am. I stayed calm and told her I am more than happy to pay them but I will not deal with her because she is so rude. She then tells me that I had better mail a check within seven days or else. I am now trying to get a hold of someone else at the company to disput these charges.

Erin
Costa Mesa, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/03/2004 10:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals-IRL/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-IRL-rip-off-Dishonest-fraudulent-billing-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-106848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals - IRL