Complaint Review: Active Periodicals, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, January 05, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, January 05, 2009

• Reported By:Honolulu Hawaii
Active Periodicals, Inc.
P.O. Box 1188 Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals, Inc. Very sneaky scam. The $1,000 free online shopping spree is awful; the gifts are terrible. Horrible company Deerfield Beach Florida

I signed up with Active Periodicals this past June. These salespeople talk so fast and outsmart you. I had to change credit cards. They called me that this card was not excepted.

I then offered another credit card. They are supposed to take only a monthly payment now! I still believe they also got an additional $770 that way.

They have no website! And that should be a tipoff. You can only reach them by phone(on hold forever) or mail.

And the the free $1,000 online shopping spree is a joke. There is hardly any selection and it has to be certain retailers. I thought I could just get stuff from some decent websites. Horrible selections.

I feel totally ripped off by them and I'm sick of all the stupid, FREE, magazines I keep getting. I am frustrated and want to pursue this.

Honolulu, Hawaii

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/05/2009 10:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals-Inc/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-Inc-Very-sneaky-scam-The-1000-free-online-shopping-spree-is-awful-408112. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals, Inc.