• Report: #197675

Complaint Review: Active Periodicals, International Readers League, Wender Magazine

• Submitted: Thu, June 22, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, June 22, 2006

• Reported By:san diego California
Active Periodicals, International Readers League, Wender Magazine
450 SW 12th Ave Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals, International Readers League, Wender Magazine ripoff, threatning phone calls, havent seen magizines for years Deerfield Beach Florida

when active called me almost four years ago, I decided to get a magizine subscription for some friends of mine who had just bought their first house, as a house warming present. all i wanted was a ONE YEAR SUBSRIPTION. after the one year in which i was off sailing (I am a sailboat captain) I finally came home and saw on my bank records that they were still chargeing me!

when i called my friends, they said they were still recieving mags but havent seen anything about a bill or with a phone #. when i finally got ahold of them they said I had agreed to a 4 year contract one of the times they had called me and that i couldnt get out of it. they told me if I stopped payment, they would send it to collections.

after that, i had to go sailing again and just stood by while they kept takeing money from me. now, its almost three years later, last month, someone called me to "check up" on me, i explained my story in the usual angry tone i use with them, and i felt like i was getting somewhere.

th woman said she was going to look for the tape of me agreeing to the contract, and she would compare the voice on the tape with mine, and if it wasnt me they would refund the money. I told her that I have relocated from the east coast to the west coast, she got my new address and said she would send a bill or something to aknowledge me, and also said she would call me in a week to play the recording for me-

I have heard nothing, nor have i gotten anything in the mail- a bill, mags, ANYTHING!!! and they have taken over a thousand dollars from me! I only saw them here because i got ripped off by another corrupt company (am I an idiot or what?!!!) will their threats of ruining my credit hold true if I just cancle my card? or do I have to keep paying them?

san diego, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2006 06:21 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals-International-Readers-League-Wender-Magazine/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-International-Readers-League-Wender-Magazine-ripoff-threatning-phone-197675. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals, International Readers League, Wender Magazine