Complaint Review: Active Periodicals Magazine

• Updated: Thu, December 03, 2009

• Reported By: Cassandra — Antelope California United States of America
Active Periodicals Magazine
Po Box 1188 Internet United States of America

Active Periodicals Magazine Company contacted me telling me that I won $1000.00 shopping spree and it came with subscription to 5 magazines but needed to pay a fee, Internet

Back on June 3,2009 I was contacted by a telemarketer at active periodicals informing me that I won $1000 shopping spree. With that came a subscription to 5 magazines. After confirming my information I was told I had to make payments of $35 for a matter of months. I was hesitant but was convinced and I gave them my credit card number. I had 3 days to cancel. On June 30,2009 I received another phone call letting me know that if I paid the total amount due of $441 at this time that I would receive a discounted price and I would no longer receive any other calls for any additional payments and to enjoy my subscriptions. It is now December and I've started to receive phone calls since the end of November from a telemarketer from this company that I have a remaining balance for 24 more subscriptions. I tried to explain to them that I have paid a substancial amount already for magazines and that I want to see a contract before I make any more payments to them. I hung up and called my credit card company and I discover that they are trying to post a payment on my account without my authorization. I was instructed to call this company to cancel this payment before I try to place an investigation. Which at this point seems like a dead end. I have tried to call them and their number has a recorded message and does not allow anyone to leave a name and phone number to get a call back. Since then I have been on the internet and to my surprise I see that there are a lot of complaints posted against this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2009 04:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals-Magazine/internet/Active-Periodicals-Magazine-Company-contacted-me-telling-me-that-I-won-100000-shopping-533233. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals Magazine