Complaint Review: Active Periodicals ,Mark Gewarth

• Submitted: Mon, February 19, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, February 19, 2007

• Reported By:Rogers Arkansas
Active Periodicals ,Mark Gewarth
450 S.W. 12th Ave. Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals ,Mark Gewarth Conned me into a verbal contract for magazines to be paid for the first year Deerfield Beach Florida

active periodicals talked me into suscribing on feb. 5 2005 I had the payments deducted from my bank account.
The deductions were suppoed to stop in twelve months. sometime in august or sept. 2006 they started deducting the money again until I cancelled my account.
In the last week I have received no less than 56 calls trying to collect on this account.

when I explained to them that the contract was only for the first year Mr. Mark Gewarth informed me that the account was renewed and that I needed to pick another magazine besides Discover because they did not handle it anymore.

By agreeing to choose another magazine would be an interpretation that I would be renwing the contract.
He also informed me that I could not cancel the subscription.I could not refuse to NOT take another magazine in place of Discover.

Kenneth
Rogers, Arkansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/19/2007 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals-Mark-Gewarth/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/Active-Periodicals-Mark-Gewarth-Conned-me-into-a-verbal-contract-for-magazines-to-be-paid-236570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals ,Mark Gewarth