Complaint Review: Active Periodicals

• Submitted: Wed, October 04, 2006
  • Updated: Wed, October 04, 2006

• Reported By:Lebanon Pennsylvania
Active Periodicals
PO BOX 1188 DEERFIELD BEACH, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals Magazine Ripoff Scheme(s), they are lieing, cheating, scoundrels DEERFIELD BEACH Florida

My wife got involved with Active Periodicals a few years ago. I questioned the amount of money and the time she was paying it, because it just didn't jive with what we were receiving. Unfortunately, the got ahold of my wife and made her an offer that was too good to be true . . . and it was. She was told she would receive magazines for one price and, what do you know, they actually charged double what they quoted her.

At this point we had two accounts (old and new) that we were paying about $70 per month on. In July, we told them to cancel this new order, because we had been lied to. They agreed and said it would done immediately . . . another lie, they didn't do it (but we didn't know that until tonight). I was so mad about there tactics, that I told them I didn't want any more contact from them, no magazines and cancel all orders immediately. They said they couldn't cancel the initial order and I immediately asked to speak to a supervisor. Of course none was available but, we were given the name Beverly May and my wife called and left messages for her to call us. She never called.

OK . . . to tonight's call. They called us to offer us 5% of the old order. I immediately asked what order they were talking about and discovered the new order was never cancelled. Guess why? They were waiting for a call from us! Anyway, I have filed an FTC complaint and one with the BBB. What else should I do? Victoria Rich was the person a talked to tonight and she threatned to take us to collections if we discontinued making the payments on the credit card.

John
Lebanon, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2006 05:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/DEERFIELD-BEACH-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-Magazine-Ripoff-Schemes-they-are-lieing-cheating-scoundrels-DEERFI-214245. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals