Complaint Review: Active Periodicals

• Phone: 800-553-7633
  • Web:
  • Category:

Active Periodicals Scammed Like the rest Deerfeild Beach, Florida

I was called by a man by the name of "Guy " who told me I had won a $1000.00 shopping spree online.( and I had to ask a couple of times before I finally heard " Active Periodicals ) Guy then proceeded to give me his pitch for a special offer of some complimentary magazines ( 3 ) if I subscribed to a fourth.

Guy told me his manager would call me in a few minutes and go over all the details. The managers name, again, only a first name,was"Sherry". Sherry continued the pitch Guy had started, and told me I would only be paying the $3.59 a month, on the fourth publication.

Somehow the amount worked out to about around $ 36.00 or 37.00 a month .

I almost did'nt catch it, but Sherry slipped out the subscription was for 60 months, and so I told her forget it, "I dont need a 5 Yr subscription", then she changed up on me. Sherry said she could modify it to a 48 month subscription, to where I would only be required to pay the first 20 months, and receive the following 28 months free.

I hate to say it, but I did give her my credit card information, hesitantly. Sherry then put a call through to "corporate" for a few more confirmation questions:

1. Are you married or Single?

2.repeated my credit card info, age, address, phone numbers back, and then gave me a "code" number of 04035B, a "tracking # of 2094187 and a phone number to call to obtain my $1000.00 "online shopping spree" voucher information.

The phone number to call for the $1000.00 "gift card" was the same as the gentleman from San Gabriel ( report # 459199 ) and that was 800- 553- 7633

I hate to admit it but everything adds up to the fact I've been scammed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 05:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/Deerfeild-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-Scammed-Like-the-rest-Deerfeild-Beach-Florida-573380. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals