Complaint Review: Active Periodicals

• Submitted: Wed, June 06, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, June 06, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Active Periodicals
450 SW 12th AVE Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals Ripoff, Dishonest, and Downright RUDE Deerfield Beach Florida

I signed up for magazines through Active Periodicals 3 1/2 years ago. I recieved 1 of 5 magazines I was supposed to get but only for 6 months. At the 6 month issue I recieved notice from that magazine that it was my last issue. I am obviously out the 11 months of payments I made.

At the time I signed up, I was told I would receive information by mail and a list of magazines I could switch to. I never received any of them.
I called my bank at that time and was told they had no phone # to contact Active to dispute charges.

Shortly thereafter I received a call from someone at Active claiming to be a CUSTOMER SERVICE REP. I explained my situation and they assured me that a complaint had been filed and that i would be receiving my magazines as well as a call back to make sure they were getting there. I should have known this was a scam when they wouldn't give me a number to call them and that it was on the paperwork I would be receiving in the mail.

Since that point, i have received a call from their "customer service rep"s about every 6 months asking how my service was. So i go through all of the story again. STILL NO RESULTS. So, tonight they called me again. I decided i was angry enough after the "customer service person" came clean and told me she was only in the sales department in some office in B.F. OKLAHOMA!

I then demanded a real customer service number. I called the 800 number and spoke with a polite but fast talking girl that claimed she had been working for active for 7 years and never had a complaint like this... as if I was stupid and making it up. Then she told me the account was too old and that I had no recourse. I politely asked to speak to a supervisor.

I was then connected to a Kathy Ruiz. She claimed to be the one and only customer Service Manager. She told me ever so rudely that I had no proof and that I was stupid for calling her after all of this time.

After arguing my point with her to no avail for about 15 minutes. I demanded to speak to her boss. She told me that her boss was the owner of the company, unavailable by phone and that she gets his mail and if I tried writing to him she would stop the letter anyway.

After about 5 more minutes of arguing, she finally gave me a po box, which i verified to be a goes to no one special address. I got the corporate address online by clicking on thier sales rep only link) at their website(which by the way has nothing on it)

The Owners name is Greg ORR. If anyone is looking for a physical address for this creep his office is at 450 SW 12th Ave, Deerfield Beach Florida, 33432

Danielle
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2007 06:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33432/Active-Periodicals-Ripoff-Dishonest-and-Downright-RUDE-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-252848. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals