Complaint Review: Active Periodicals

• Submitted: Wed, May 23, 2007
  • Updated: Wed, May 23, 2007

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Active Periodicals
Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals Deceptive Business Practice Deerfield Beach Florida

Ive been in sales for over 25 years and have NEVER encountered a more horrific excuse for a company. We ordered several magazines back in November of 2006 and to date have yet to receive a single issue. We've received a ton of other 'free' magazines, but none of the ones we initially ordered. We we call we are told that a "complaint" has been filed and it takes 8-12 weeks for them to look into, not solve the issue. All the while we are still being billed for magazines we haven't received.

I placed a follow up call and was informed by one of their phone-monkeys that my account has been flagged because I am rude. When I asked why, I was hung up on in mid-sentence! When I called back, the woman told me that she would not talk to a "rude" person and hung up again. I tried to explain that I was upset at the fact that we've never received our magazines but she would not listen. She just kept repeating that I am the rude one and hung up AGAIN!

I cancelled our credit card to stop the billing and informed the BBB in Florida. This is one orf the biggest scams I have ever encountered and truly believe that they have no intention of fulfilling your magazine subscriptions while pushing "free" subscriptions to other magazines that no one wants.

David
Tempe, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2007 07:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/Active-Periodicals-Deceptive-Business-Practice-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-249851. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals