• Report: #204901

• Submitted: Mon, August 07, 2006
  • Updated: Mon, August 07, 2006

• Reported By:Winder Georgia
Active Periodicals
P O Box 1188 Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals fradulent magazine company - they'll suck you in!!! Ripoff Deerfield Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Or maybe you will settle for InActive Periodicals?

My issues with Active Periodicals began earlier this year. I was told all about the Publisher's Sweepstakes Clearinghouse and yadda yadda. So I said sure, send me a few magazines to read, enter my name in a pool and off I go. I couldn't have been more wrong. First of all, I haven't received one single, solitary magazine. I've called several times to verify my address with the company and their solution was that "someone must be stealing them". Second, I was told that I would be charged $54.99 for 6 months, which would double my monthly subscription, but in the end, I would be done with payments in 6 months. Okay, fair enough. NOT!!! I received a bill today saying that I now owe this company $882.94....FOR WHAT?!?!?!?! I haven't received a magazine yet, the $54.99/ month comes no where near $882.94, so apparently they just pull these figures out of thin air. I will be securing legal council from here on out and hopefully the new name of Active Periodicals will be Erika's Really Nice Magazine Business!!

Erika
Winder, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/07/2006 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443-1188/Active-Periodicals-fradulent-magazine-company-theyll-suck-you-in-Ripoff-Deerfield-Be-204901. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals

Or maybe you will settle for InActive Periodicals?

AUTHOR: Thomas - (U.S.A.)

Maybe you misunderstood the company's name and it is really Vampire Periodicals- they suck you dry.....

$900 should give you enougm mags to supply an entire hospital.