Complaint Review: Active Periodicals

• Submitted: Wed, February 08, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, April 04, 2006

• Reported By:Citrus Heights California
Active Periodicals
450 SW 12th Ave Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals Aka International Readers League Magazine Subscription Scam, hang up on them or pay, they will lie to you, Find out how to get out. ripoff Deerfield Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: I Too Was Taken...

*Author of original report: Active Periodicals, Inc, I got them off my back!!!

We got scammed just like everyone else under the Active Periodicals subject. Just about every story applies to my wife and I. I read all of the reports on this website and took the advice.

I filed a complaint with the FCC, FTC, and BBB of Southeast FL, I also emailed the publishers and request no more magazines be sent to me. I was suprised to see that my wife received an email from the BBB after only one day.

The big shocker, Alex from Active Periodicals called and said she would cancel our account and zero it out, followed by a letter stating so.

The secret: in my complaints I cited a request for damages of $500 for each violation of the do not call registry (2 violations documented, more that I did not keep record of) violation of 47 USC 227, and 16 CFR Part 310. I also cited the AG reports from Georgia and West Virginia.

I asked for a copy of their do not call policy ("We don't have one" $500 please, for this violation)

Jimmy
Citrus Heights, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/08/2006 10:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-Aka-International-Readers-League-Magazine-Subscription-Scam-hang-up-on-175447. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals

I Too Was Taken...

AUTHOR: Heather - (U.S.A.)

I was wondering if you could please tell me the numbers or how to get a hold of the FCC. I am living in Georgia and I am well aware of the 75,000 lawsuit placed aganist them for their misleadings on their telemarketing.

Another person to contact in Georgia, Is Michael Thrumond. He is the person who put the fine aganist them. I think that all of the commissioners should know about these people and their false acts.

I actually told them no that I didn't want their services and told them not to call me anymore. But when I agreed to only ONE magaizine I got charged 58.28 and I am currently disputing this one with my credit card company for the 2nd time.

Thanks for all of the information that you have posted.

I received the letter today.

"Please be advised that your account with us has been cancelled. There will be no future billings or obligations on your part. If you are receiving magazines, read and enjoy them with our compliments. We hope that at some time in the future you will consider us for your magazine subscription needs."

Yeah right. I don't think so. Keep the pressure on. They want to wear you out and make you give up. Through prayer to my Awesome God and using the Law and some ideas from this website, we are free.