• Report: #203932

• Submitted: Tue, August 01, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, August 01, 2006

• Reported By:altamont New York
Active Periodicals
450 W 12th Ave Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals ripoff, predatory marketing, harassing phone calls, lying Deerfield Beach Florida

I purchased several subscriptions more than a year ago and completed the payments. Since then, the company has not stopped calling me even though each time I am very explicit that I do not want any more magazines. I have asked to be taken off their call list. I have even hung up on them and their phone system has redialed me within seconds. I cannot get rid of them. They call me at work and at home.

When they call, they claim they are calling to made sure I am not being contacted by other companies that may have illegally gotten my name from their mailing list. The first time this happened, they transferred me to another line where the person on the other end asked a lot of questions. Before I knew how I had done it, I was told I had signed up for more subscriptions.

When I explained that I had not intended to, I was told that my credit card was on file and the recorded conversation was a binding contract. I threatened to cancel my credit card and was told that they would begin collection procedings and contact the credit reporting agencies that I was renigging on my bill.

I somehow managed to get connected to the company's business office and spoke with a woman who agreed to cancel the subscription that I had allegedly purchased. My credit card has not been billed but the marketers will not stop the harassing phone calls.

This is an extremely aggressive, even predatory company that uses coercion and trickery - down right lying - to sell products. This company should not be allowed to do business anywhere. I am not a stupid person and have been tricked into purchases that I did not want by this company's marketers.

Marianne
altamont, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2006 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-ripoff-predatory-marketing-harassing-phone-calls-lying-Deerfield-Bea-203932. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals