Complaint Review: Active Periodicals

• Submitted: Sat, March 17, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, March 17, 2007

• Reported By:Horton Kansas
Active Periodicals
P.O. Box 1188 Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals tried to rip me off! It's time to fight back Deerfield Beach Florida

The begining of Feb 2007 I recieved a phone call from Active Periodicals asking if I would be interested in recieving 5 magazines for $58.28 a month for 16 months. I din't think it was too bad of a idea, so we went with it. But I was told I could cancel at ANY time. I called them on Feb 27 to cancel. They tried to give me a big run around. I told them in no uncertain terms that they were not to take any more money out of my account. Three weeks later guess what! I went on line to check my cc balance and discovered that they had taken out more money. I called them and spent almost 2 hours on the phone with them. They ( Rebecca and supervisor Monica) were extremelly rude and actually hung up on me several times! Ever time they did I'd call back. They finally aggreed to cancel but only if I'd pay them $160 more than what they had already taken out of my account. I refused! They would not give me the name of the company nor the name of the owner. When I did finally get some one to give the info the "supervisor" couldn't even give me the first name of the owner. I called my cc company and had my card cancelled immediatlly! My cc company if filing fraud charges on them. Do Not Do Anything With This Company!

Horton, Kansas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/17/2007 08:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-Periodicals/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-tried-to-rip-me-off-Its-time-to-fight-back-Deerfield-Beach-Florida-239408. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals