Complaint Review: Active Periodicals/IRL

• Submitted: Wed, February 11, 2004
  • Updated: Wed, May 31, 2006

• Reported By:Red Bank New Jersey
Active Periodicals/IRL
P.O. Box 1188 Deerfield Beach, Florida U.S.A.

Active Periodicals, Billing As IRL RIP OFF: Active Periodicals is introducing themselves as Publishers Clearing House and offering magazines, gold watches and a chance at the $sweepstakes Deerfield Beach Florida

*Consumer Comment: Feeling uneasy

Active Periodicals is telemarketing their magazine subscriptions under Publishers Clearing House. Please note, PCH does NOT make phone solicitations. Active Periodicals is offering discounted magazine subscriptions along with gold and diamond watches if you sign up and a chance to win the $1 million dollar sweepstakes.

Additionally, they introduce this as a monthly subscription that you can change, switch or cancel outright at any time.

First this is fraudulent in terms of who they are. Second, they do not send gold or diamond watches (they don't send anything) and Most Importantly, they lock you into a one or two year subscription which if you attempt to cancel, they threaten you with collections and ruining your credit report. As Ms. Roberts so nicely put it, you don't want us to ruin your credit report over 29.95 per month, do you? This is an outright threat, which I am hoping the government will prevent, and put a stop to this practice. Please beware of this company and avoid all business with them.

Steven
Red Bank, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/11/2004 08:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Active-PeriodicalsIRL/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33443/Active-Periodicals-Billing-As-IRL-RIP-OFF-Active-Periodicals-is-introducing-themselves-a-80020. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Active Periodicals/IRL

AUTHOR: J - (U.S.A.)

I ordered some kitchenware and they noted that they trust me and I wouldn't have to send in payments until I received my items. But after reading all of these reports, I do not want to send them a check or give them my credit card information. So what should I do to stop it before it gets worse. Should I just ship the items back? I'm iffy because what if they say that I never sent it back?