Complaint Review: Activision Blizzard

• Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: PJ — Windsor Connecticut United States of America
Activision Blizzard
3100 Ocean Park Boulevard Santa Monica, California United States of America

Activision Blizzard Activision, Blizzard Entertainment et al. Unable to purcahse game, told I commited a crime, refuse to tell me what's illegal about purcahsing a game. Santa Monica, California

2 days ago I attempted to purchase a copy of Diablo 3 from their online store.  I got an email thenext day that stated that I was suspended and the purchase failed.  I called them and they said my IP address had changed and they thought it was fraud. After providing the two addresses I use, they claim to have overrriden that and told me to repurchase.

I repurchased and all was good for 2 more hours until I was banned for 9000 days for "fraud". I called them up and was told my bank declined the transaction.  I called my bank, who informed me the transaction went through just fine but that the company(Blizzard) had returned the money to my account, they did not know why.

I called them back, pretty livid at this point, and they gave me some vague excuse about how my credit card address said DR (for Drive) and I had typed in the full word Drive, and that was somehow fraud.  I protested as DR means Drive, and they put me on hold and said that their Finance Department had decided that my Visa card was unacceptable to them because it had the number 4 in the card number. I explained that all Visa Cards do have the number 4 in them and was then told I was permabanned from ever buying or playing this game and that in 15 days i'd receive some sort of explanation as to why I committed fraud.  I said this was unacceptable, if you are going to accuse me of a crime, you better be able to back it up. i asked to speak to a supervisor.  They refused to allow me to, I asked to talkto someone in this "finance Department" that made this decison to find out why it was made, they refused to.. I caleld their corporate office only to be given more runaround and lies.

All I want to do is buy this game that is now sitting on my hard drive and play it, i don't care about online markets or the like I want to play this game.  However Blizzard seems to not wish to tell me what i did wrong other than to say that my Visa has the number 4 in it's card number.. and somehow that's fraud.

Noone will tell me what I did wrong, my bank even confirmed the transaction with them and they said that's not good enough.  When did buying and playing a game turn into a major hassle.

we are now in day 3 with no resolution in sight...

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 09:34 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Activision-Blizzard/Santa-Monica-California-90405/Activision-Blizzard-Activision-Blizzard-Entertainment-et-al-Unable-to-purcahse-game-to-925348. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Activision Blizzard