Complaint Review: Acura Financial Services

• Submitted: Mon, November 12, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, November 13, 2012

• Reported By: Jimsface — Los Angeles California U.S.A.
Acura Financial Services

Acura Financial Services AHFSA Wether it be on time, late or simply a day past due, they call incessantly. Every day, every hour. Internet

*Consumer Comment: So Sorry...

*Author of original report: We have seen other comments from you on this system

*Consumer Comment: fun and sad to read rebutts

*Consumer Comment: Poor Baby...

Simply put, that's the story. They violate every aspect of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, and the rules of FCC. Collection efforts should not be made if someone is current. Then, when I got angry, I skipped 2 payments and told them if they wanted the car back, I'd return it to the dealer. But the calls had to stop. They said they felt I wanted to keep the car, and I responded with the car was a fine vehicle, but dealing with their pathetic type who are hired merely for the purpose of harrassing people was the problem. The woman told me they'd axe my garage door and take the vehicle. I said again, how about if I drive the car back to the dealer and just explain it to them, you call every friggin day! You won't stop harrassing my company or those I work with. You leave threatening messages on my voicemail, and now you are indicating personal damage to my home. Please come by, I am here now...waiting for you. Nothing happened, they continue to call. I finally got the local number of their headquartesr in Anaheim, and complained to their regional sales manager. Asked him if fututre sales were his concern, he said definitely. I explained all that happened, and he got the apology for me, but they still call 12-16 times daily. I had AT&T permanently block their number as I cannot change mine for business purposes. Why should anyone go through all of this just to drive a car? Our other car is a BMW, when they call, they are sweet as pie, concerned and willing to help. They take weekly payments, whatver it takes to get you back on track. The comparison is worth noting, and the BMW was later than the Acura, but they were still courteous to the end. We are paying for both now, and the calls have ceased, for now, but they will start calling from another number soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 12:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acura-Financial-Services/internet/Acura-Financial-Services-AHFSA-Wether-it-be-on-time-late-or-simply-a-day-past-due-they-c-968076. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acura Financial Services

So Sorry...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

So Sorry that my post was too rough for you.  But when you attack the poster and not the post, that basically proves that you have nothing to defend.  Like for most people you don't want to hear truth because the truth can hurt.  If one person reads it and realizes they need to live within their means then it is a success.  If YOU learn a lesson..even better.  The sad thing is that the only lesson you are probably going to admit to learning is to never use Acura again instead going with another luxury car.  Of course with the negative reporting on your credit you may find that quite hard.  By the way had you switched the two finance companies my post would have been exactly the same.

So I will leave you with this.  You complain about their threats and sure sound upset that they are not following through.  So how about follow through with your "threat" and return the car to the dealer?  When you do I do hope you continue to update your post as you go through the collection process and eventually the court process when you are sued.  I think people will be especially interested in the Judge's reaction when you say you intentionally went 2 months behind.

We have seen other comments from you on this system

AUTHOR: Jimsface - (U.S.A.)

Your opinion means nothing to me, and more likely even less to others. If you have some stuck up opinion of people's ways and today's difficulties, you're far better suited to remain silent.

The Internet is jammed with concerns about this company being abusive on the phone, and ruining the good name of Acura. They take accounts and put them off so badly, no one buys again.

As for you...I'm certain your 20 year old car still suits you nicely, giving you the time to be so harsh to others with your sanctimonius bull and sarcasm. I speak for all whom you have so badly criticized, if they take the time to complain, everyone has their say so, opinion, and guidelines should be set. If I could trade being kicked off this blog to get you removed, I'd happily be gone, as you should be.

fun and sad to read rebutts

AUTHOR: The Outlaw Josey Wales - (United States of America)

bobby from irvine sure does post helpful rebutts

Poor Baby...

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

You have two luxury cars and doesn't look like you can afford even one.

They violate every aspect of the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Well first the FDCPA only applies to 3rd Party Collectors and not the Original Creditor.  So tell us again how they violate EVERY aspect of the FDCPA?

- Well that rules out you being a Brain Surgeon or Rocket Scientist.

- If those threats are more than..."You pay us or we are going to repossess your car" then take your VM recordings to the police and file charges on them.

So with one luxury car you are behind and they are just totally nice to you..even letting you make weekly payments to get back on track.  Yet with your 2nd luxury car, you claim you are current and they are harassing you.  Umm...sure sounds like there is a lot of detail you are leaving out of your Acura loan that I would bet would have you coming off not so good.

It's fun and sad at the same time reading the struggles of the rich...oh I mean the people who can't live within their means.