Complaint Review: Acushield Financial - Fresh Start America

• Submitted: Wed, October 29, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, October 29, 2008

• Reported By:Itasca Illinois
Acushield Financial - Fresh Start America
3291 N. Buffalo Dr. Suite 9 Las Vegas, Nevada U.S.A.

Acushield Financial - Fresh Start America Scammed by Acushield - Will not return my money!! Las Vegas Nevada

I signed up for Acushield Financial - Fresh Start America in January of 2006. They were great about taking my money on time each month, but then when it came time to do their job they were nowhere to be found.
Earlier this year I had a court order sent to me for a lawsuit from a credit card company. I notified acushield to settle before the courtdate. I called daily and each day my negotiator was "out sick" but they assured me my case would be handled in time. Needless to say they didn't handle it and I went to court and had a judgement aganinst me even though I had the funds available.

I finally decided to terminate my business with acushield as they made my credit situation worse (and I paid them $5000 to do so). I faxed a letter of termination at the end of June. I phoned two days later and they stated they didn't receive it so I refaxed it to a new number. I was sent an email (per my request) on June 28, 2008 stating they received my letter and a refund for my set aside (around $3000) would be sent to me within 60 business days. Four months later I still have not received my check. I have left several messages and finally filed with the BBB.

I am still waiting to hear back but I imagine I will have to take legal action before anything is resolved.
If you have credit card debt, do NOT go to acushield financial. I started calling the credit card companies myself. I found out the hard way you can negotiate your debt yourself with out paying thousands of dollars to an unreliable company.

Frustrated, IL
Itasca, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/29/2008 05:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Acushield-Financial-Fresh-Start-America/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89129/Acushield-Financial-Fresh-Start-America-Scammed-by-Acushield-Will-not-return-my-money-386141. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Acushield Financial - Fresh Start America